Brexit and the Consequences

Ema and eba are eu agencies so they don't count because it was obvious they would leave.

The motor industry letters and concerns with letters to the government isn't representative of leaving. It's scaremongering without any substance. Have they moved a single job yet? Nope

Airbus is threatening to leave the UK but their reasoning is baseless because there is no tariffs on aviation parts. They have stated the event of not having a transitory arrangement because they fear disruptions through bottlenecks at ports. The threat has yet to be met with any tangible evidence of them shifting to the eu.

Both Morgan Stanley and goldman like other UK investment banks have had to move a very small portioof their workforce to the eu. They all initially said tens of thousands but late last year it surfaced that it was a few hundred.

Deutsche Bank Sees Brexit Moves in Hundreds, Not Thousands (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ndreds-of-staff-in-brexit-hoops-says-jciztky1)

Despite the future uncertainty of Brexit, pharmaceutical industry continues to invest in UK R&D (https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...al-industry-continues-to-invest-in-UK-RD.aspx)

Threats and propaganda around brexit are as far as I can see nothing more than hot air.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Project Fear. :)

Could it be real that the good ole days of horse and cart are coming back as soon as the UK can't afford to buy oil except for the Navy and politicians' limos ?

:innocent:

Could it be real that the good ole days of horse and cart are coming back as soon as the UK can't afford to buy oil except for the Navy and politicians' limos ?

:innocent:

We are sat on a lot of untapped resources, so don't get caught up in the BS that the lights will go out anytime soon.

No not at all.

Simply that as Major pointed out Eurosceptics find them selves much like the DUP in a sort of King maker position. Due to TM's lack of majority in the numbers nothing can really be achieved of any meaningful significance with hard core Brexiteers with a few Labour MPs.

Eurosceptics always a minority in the party and country. Admitedly they have gained some ground as a consequence of Arab up rising, Syrian crises and Refugees creating a bit of a stir but really, all things considered Brexiteers like UKIP one pony tricksters taking the country up the Khyber where once all the dust settles from teh fall out we are going to be in a much more brown coloured place.

This is clear to most people or becoming clear-er by the day.

I agree Governments solution is pile of crap. Really is. Wasn't expecting anything else as what the British Government or rather Brexiteers want can not be delivered.

If UK not willing to pay divorce bill then there will be no Transition period and the pain of exit will be considerably greater along with uncertainty, loss of income with rise in a potential hard crash.

You guys laugh now your time is approaching soon enough. :whistling

It's not a divorce bill. It is a payment in line with a transition period before implementation of an agreed trade deal. So if no trade deal agreed, then no payment. It's as simple as that. Which is why the ball is firmly in the EU's court. They can carry on pi55ing about giving it the biggun for as long as they like, but they should realise that member countries are going to turn on them very soon. (y)

This is not the face of pain....he's just pi55ed up...again !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5970335/Jean-Claude-Juncker-accused-alcoholic-govern.html

Last edited:
I did mention that court decision finding a Brexit group guilty of referendum overspend by about 700,000 pounds. It seems to have been studiously overlooked, , probably, because Johnson and Gove are members of that group. It, certainly, has been played down by the media.

I heard an interview on BBC 5Live, Simon Nolan, 20th July. 1 hour 33mins into the programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b9vb4r

I did mention that court decision finding a Brexit group guilty of referendum overspend by about 700,000 pounds. It seems to have been studiously overlooked, , probably, because Johnson and Gove are members of that group. It, certainly, has been played down by the media.

I heard an interview on BBC 5Live, Simon Nolan, 20th July. 1 hour 33mins into the programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b9vb4r

Nobody has been found guilty of doing anything at this stage. Nobody has been to court and the electoral commission has not even heard the other side of the case. This is essentially an establishment stitch up which fools no one. Besides which, given that we voted for Brexit, against all the project fear collusion, then it seems quite clear to me that the public is in no mood to be sidetracked by this minor irrelevant non issue. There will certainly be no re run of the referendum, so if that's what you are hoping for.....forget it !

Nobody has been found guilty of doing anything at this stage. Nobody has been to court and the electoral commission has not even heard the other side of the case. This is essentially an establishment stitch up which fools no one. Besides which, given that we voted for Brexit, against all the project fear collusion, then it seems quite clear to me that the public is in no mood to be sidetracked by this minor irrelevant non issue. There will certainly be no re run of the referendum, so if that's what you are hoping for.....forget it !
Split',
The other (major) reason why the remain camp don't make more of this is because they know that if they push it then the media (even the remain biased British Brainwashing Corporation) will pick them up on the fact that they spent £9 million squids on leafleting every house in the land announcing the referendum and telling everyone to vote remain. That was a huge mistake. Massive. To highlight the referendum and encourage peeps to vote is one thing - all well and good - but to try and influence their decision via project fear is another matter altogether. That's why they're quite happy to see this story buried.
Tim.

To add to cv's post, Craig Mackinley, the conservative MP who was accused of overspend in the 2015 general elections, His trial was scheduled for may 2018, It has been put back once again with no formal date set as yet, So with that in mind, We would most likely be out of the EU for well over a year before the alleged leave campaign overspend made it to court..There would be no way or reversing the decision if found guilty, Large fine at best ??

I'm afraid your facts are worthless:

EMA still in London according to their own website http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index....ment_listing/document_listing_000426.jsp&mid=

Likewise EBA: https://www.eba.europa.eu/contacts

Your ability to use google wisely leaves much to be desired?

http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index....news_detail_002916.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058004d5c1

EMA_relocation_timeline_news.png

I'm sure FXX was asking for further clarification rather than continued unfounded speculation and remainer BS!

But I know, from experience you can never provide anything factual to back up your assertions, I know, I've tried.

JPMorgan, Goldman and Deutsche Bank moves already under way and they've booked office space already. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/11/15/jp-morgan-begins-telling-uk-staff-relocated-eu/
DSS? What decade are we in, that changed to DWP about 20 years ago :sleep::rolleyes:

So you are not going to believe anything that is said to you until the moves take place, companies leave and UK ends up with a hard brexit!

And then what options will you have to make any decision?

You do realise in a nation of 60m you are just one person with a unique set of beliefs that pays no heed or creed to any piece of information that is presented to you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So very sad. Have to stop responding to your posts as there really is no point engaging in any debate with you. (y)

Ema and eba are eu agencies so they don't count because it was obvious they would leave.

Big medical businesses will move towards locating HQ near agencies. One should look ahead as new businesses and R&D budgets become available where will they be established or monies spent. Then there are standards, regulation and tariffs; major decisions which are yet to be considered.

To belittle the impact of this decision is poor judgement imo. Especially so if we default on bill, EU will take a much harder stance on standards as it suits 27 countries and gradually the ground will shift.

The motor industry letters and concerns with letters to the government isn't representative of leaving. It's scaremongering without any substance. Have they moved a single job yet? Nope

Same point applies as before. These moves entail high costs in millions moving assembly and production plants. That league table of car production shows UK was 4th in EU. We'll have to revisit that table in another 10 years time post hard brexit to see where it moves to?

For you to suggest well they haven't moved yet is short sighted imo. Most businesses are expecting a transition period. Transition period that was ruled out as not necessary only for Davis to reconsider and subsequently take up after businesses enlightened him. So businesses are either making plans or waiting for deal with a view to implementing over transition deal.

Airbus is threatening to leave the UK but their reasoning is baseless because there is no tariffs on aviation parts. They have stated the event of not having a transitory arrangement because they fear disruptions through bottlenecks at ports. The threat has yet to be met with any tangible evidence of them shifting to the eu.

Airbus Exec provided a warning and indicated their operations will not fare well post WTO delays. They must consider relocation if they are to supply Airbus production as there is nothing to prevent France or Italy taking over wing production or even Airbus buying Boeing engines in return for favourable access to US with reduced tariffs. You call it a threat??? You do not see a warning or possible dangers? Once again it would be very foolish to ignore what the CEO's of these companies say suggesting they are simply bluffing. Money is fluid and profits don't really care much for borders.

Both Morgan Stanley and goldman like other UK investment banks have had to move a very small portioof their workforce to the eu. They all initially said tens of thousands but late last year it surfaced that it was a few hundred. Once again small now but 10, 20 years from now that trickle will turn into something bigger. It is foolish to dismiss it as some small portion. There is a magnifier effect in loss of tax revenue and expenditure from lost earnings from jobs shifting to EU.

Deutsche Bank Sees Brexit Moves in Hundreds, Not Thousands (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ndreds-of-staff-in-brexit-hoops-says-jciztky1)

Despite the future uncertainty of Brexit, pharmaceutical industry continues to invest in UK R&D (https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...al-industry-continues-to-invest-in-UK-RD.aspx)

The data published on Disclosure UK – the pharmaceutical industry’s database of payments and benefits in kind made to UK healthcare professionals (HCPs) and organizations (HCOs) – shows industry spent £370.9 million on partnerships relating to research and development¹ activities in the UK during 2017. This is a 9.7% increase on 2016 (£338.1 million).

There is something strange about that article as it relates to payments made to healthcare professionals and organisations. Why mix the two up? Moreover 371m is a drop in the ocean.

Industry is considering moving operations to EU. As the hard brexit WTO and disputes come into play all this will increasingly take their toll on the industry. This FT article highlights the complexity of it all which will unwind in years to come to new operational locations. In the absence of a working deal, companies will move to be near consumers with least resistance to market access.

https://www.ft.com/content/85c0152e-ce96-11e7-b781-794ce08b24dc

Once again shocked at the head in stand approach to "well they haven't moved have they - it's all scare mongering".

Threats and propaganda around brexit are as far as I can see nothing more than hot air.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't see it as threat or propoganda but just simply business and a numbers game driven by profits. FTSE companies don't really care much about where they operate or who they employ. They will move to maintain market share, reduce costs and increase profits.

This thread is about the consequences and I don't think we've seen what they are just yet. We are in the much uncertainty phase. Knickers, well and truly in a twist. :whistling

It's not a divorce bill. It is a payment in line with a transition period before implementation of an agreed trade deal. So if no trade deal agreed, then no payment. It's as simple as that. Which is why the ball is firmly in the EU's court. They can carry on pi55ing about giving it the biggun for as long as they like, but they should realise that member countries are going to turn on them very soon. (y)

This is not the face of pain....he's just pi55ed up...again !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5970335/Jean-Claude-Juncker-accused-alcoholic-govern.html

What's a drunk man got to do with anything.

No payment, no deal, no transition period.

That's like driving off a cliff or hitting a brick wall.

Nice :sleep:

What's a drunk man got to do with anything.

No payment, no deal, no transition period.

That's like driving off a cliff or hitting a brick wall.

Nice :sleep:

Shouldn’t waste anymore of your time, Atilla. After all it’s pretty clear that fanciful dreams trump uncomfortable facts which are immediately packed off to the “project fear” draw which avoids any need to confront them.

Shouldn’t waste anymore of your time, Atilla. After all it’s pretty clear that fanciful dreams trump uncomfortable facts which are immediately packed off to the “project fear” draw which avoids any need to confront them.

We have a thread full of uncomfortable facts, but luckily for remoaners I will be too busy to point them out again cos i've got a busy week ahead. But if anyone else would like to make a start, i'll be more than happy to add to the list on my return.

Yes you are right Barjon and sadly Cameron and Tories most foolish of referendums, complacency intoxicated in self belief sadly applies to our Brexiteers equally.

I do think John Major has his finger on the pulse that a minority of MPs have swayed public opinion with false promises and lies - literally.

https://twitter.com/MarrShow/status/1020958481963028480

I thought this post was quite a good one from Scooter...

Scooter

@Highwayman1502
9h9 hours ago
More
I agree - I wish the likes of JMR, BJ, David Davies etc would just join UKIP - a party that represents their views rather than blackmailing the Tories to implement policies the majority know are wrong for the UK & it's economy

Of course they obviously know from the split in Labour when Foot was around that leads to no where and much like parasites will eventually bring Tories down who will defo be kicked out of office as the people see what between them UKIP they will have done to the country.

Big battles ahead imo :whistling

I thought this post was quite a good one from Scooter...

Scooter

@Highwayman1502
9h9 hours ago
More
I agree - I wish the likes of JMR, BJ, David Davies etc would just join UKIP - a party that represents their views rather than blackmailing the Tories to implement policies the majority know are wrong for the UK & it's economy

Of course they obviously know from the split in Labour when Foot was around that leads to no where and much like parasites will eventually bring Tories down who will defo be kicked out of office as the people see what between them UKIP they will have done to the country.

Big battles ahead imo :whistling

And the Labour party is no different, they are more split than a split thing. As for the LibDems, they are consigning themselves to the dustbin of history, having lost MP numbers and vote share.