3. holiday fees up
4. some unemployment as foreign comps relocate
5. falling house prices and perhaps negative equity traps
6. maybe rising interest rates to support pound or UK TBills and banks
7. inflation
8. NHS under funding
9. no wage rises
10. utility cost rises

Sounds like a return to the 1970s or a Corbyn government; not much difference really I suppose :LOL:

Is he an expert or a numpty? So difficult to judge opinion these days eh?

I reckon his simply a figure head a journalist has asked for opinion and his come out with something resembling positive soundbite.

Is anyone here sincerely expecting negative comments from any public figure head?

The only negativity will and should be coming from opposition party in Parliament. As Labour and Liberals are quite well and truly in dire straits after Camerons exceptional win at the elections, it's going to take a massive concerted effort including that from true protectors of the realm still in the Conservative party to join Libs and Labs to form an opposition to this madness.

Is this not clear to everyone???

Obviously not! :(

Is he an expert or a numpty? So difficult to judge opinion these days eh?

I reckon his simply a figure head a journalist has asked for opinion and his come out with something resembling positive soundbite.

Is anyone here sincerely expecting negative comments from any public figure head?

The only negativity will and should be coming from opposition party in Parliament. As Labour and Liberals are quite well and truly in dire straits after Camerons exceptional win at the elections, it's going to take a massive concerted effort including that from true protectors of the realm still in the Conservative party to join Libs and Labs to form an opposition to this madness.

Is this not clear to everyone???

Obviously not! :(

Enjoy !

i think i speak for all americans..we tired hearing about brexit..

get your sh^t together for christ sake!!!

You have all yours together, I suppose. Now decide which smells sweeter, Trump or Clinton.

You have no right to talk for all Americans.

Last edited:

As an American I thought you'd say its right to object to expensive and unrepresentative government from overseas.

and just when you think there wasn't enough 5hit for brains in this world, a sovereign fund says that a 2 minute 9% devaluation in a currency is normal.

NORWAY'S SOVEREIGN WEALTH FUND SAYS FRIDAY'S FLASH CRASH IN STERLING WAS A "CORRECT MOVE", REFLECTS EXPECTATIONS OF THE UK ECONOMY - Reuters

forker, in a sense they're right. Sure, there;s no fundamental reason for such a low exchange rate, but it shows how low the market is prepared to go at a moment's notice with the flimsiest reasoning - based on expectations.

Flash crash lows are extreme but shouldn't be ignored. If you're a chartist that is.

The article mentions nothing about the context of the report or how they quantified this number. I'd take it with a pinch of salt

It is a leaked document prepared for Government.

Why would Government reveal such a document giving away a weak hand?

Theresa May doing it all behind closed doors and drawn curtains.

Problem with this approach, calling everything scare mongering, laffing it away and government acting as if it has carte blanche to carry on much like a dictatorship, ignoring all business whether it's from the City or CBI the very people it should listen to being the party of business and instead acting like the Labour Party.

Fact or fiction it's all blurring into mucky sticky stuff. :whistling

It is a leaked document prepared for Government.

Why would Government reveal such a document giving away a weak hand?

Theresa May doing it all behind closed doors and drawn curtains.

Problem with this approach, calling everything scare mongering, laffing it away and government acting as if it has carte blanche to carry on much like a dictatorship, ignoring all business whether it's from the City or CBI the very people it should listen to being the party of business and instead acting like the Labour Party.

Fact or fiction it's all blurring into mucky sticky stuff. :whistling
Leaked, if it was leaked then where is it? Don't tell me you believe things on hearsay. 66 billion accounts for approximately the total value in exports to the EU in a year. So does this mean the report has a basis of all eu trade stopping! Where else exactly is it pulling this number from. [emoji11]

The reason the report isn't public is because it's bull5hit and they know it will be ripped apart.

Russian bank, VTB, moving European headquarters out of London they say. Goldman Sachs slimming down London operation. Pound ragged round the edges.

It's all hunky dory though 'cos we've " taken back control " doncha know and Johnny Foreigner will soon find out what's what when they feel at bit of British steel up 'em at the negotiating table.

Russian bank, VTB, moving European headquarters out of London they say. Goldman Sachs slimming down London operation. Pound ragged round the edges.

It's all hunky dory though 'cos we've " taken back control " doncha know and Johnny Foreigner will soon find out what's what when they feel at bit of British steel up 'em at the negotiating table.
This has everything to do with taxation because we have no idea what deal will be struck for market access.

Companies can currently withhold taxes on dividends or royalties from eu subsidiaries. Without this directive they would need to bilateral double tax agreements.

forker, in a sense they're right. Sure, there;s no fundamental reason for such a low exchange rate, but it shows how low the market is prepared to go at a moment's notice with the flimsiest reasoning - based on expectations.

Flash crash lows are extreme but shouldn't be ignored. If you're a chartist that is.
All this devaluation is nothing more than speculative at this point. We haven't left the block yet, growing better than most in the g7, fundamentally we are undervalued. You can't honestly tell me that a 2 minute 9% or 800 to 1200 pips (depending on broker) is normal?

All this devaluation is nothing more than speculative at this point. We haven't left the block yet, growing better than most in the g7, fundamentally we are undervalued. You can't honestly tell me that a 2 minute 9% or 800 to 1200 pips (depending on broker) is normal?

I'm saying its an unusually large move but now we have a big bold clue how low the market is prepared to go. Forex rates are influenced by expectations of increase/decrease return as well as national economic fundamentals. So, if normal means traders being prepared to pay what they're prepared to pay, based on what they think they can get back later, then yes that sounds like a normal functioning market to me. Flash crash lows are sometimes ignored in TA and even erased from some charts but the market may get there again, and soon.