Brexit and the Consequences

I understand it's Sunday, time for some down time, maybe a beer or two, or is it a hangover that is interfering with your memory? Remember this morning when you stated that Brexiteers are harking back to days of Empire and I stated that my assumption is that this is just a myth perpetuated by Remoaners (one of many) and unless it can be proved not be a myth, then I'll assume my assumption is true (and therefore has just become a fact)?

But when challenged, you couldn't provide any evidence? So it is a FACT that it is a myth perpetuated by Remainers.

I just can't get it more English than plain :)

Ok now I hear your drum. Ok I can present perhaps two or three examples.

First CV, did he not say UK will follow in US steps ie Trump and MAGA-ism. What ever GREAT means to you chaps...

Secondly, SuperMini calling for a new leader like Churchill. Correct me if I'm wrong but Churchill fought wars for best part of his life and indeed he was a war cabinet leader and a pretty damn good one at that. Thank goodness for that.

Third and final one for you to comment on... Reconnecting with our friends in the #Commonwealth should be a top priority of Brexit Britain.

Top priority eh? Why? What is the rational or the business case for these suppositions.

Comments on a postcard plz :)

Of course, we all know about good and poor leadership, dare I hark back to the [good ol'] days of Churchill? :LOL:

A complete bustard, dullard, drunkard and ruthlessly repressive with his own people. When Adolf made a complete idiot out of Chamberlain, Britain was fortunate to have such an intransigent (see Sig, I woz paying attention:)) and vindictive individual as war-time leader. Once the war was won, Winnie was surplus to requirements and voted out by the those who hadn't forgotten how badly he'd previously treated them in peacetime.

A complete bustard, dullard, drunkard and ruthlessly repressive with his own people. When Adolf made a complete idiot out of Chamberlain, Britain was fortunate to have such an intransigent (see Sig, I woz paying attention:)) and vindictive individual as war-time leader. Once the war was won, Winnie was surplus to requirements and voted out by the those who hadn't forgotten how badly he'd previously treated them in peacetime.

Absolutely true.

During World War II the Germans were looking to assassinate Churchill and they had spies all over the country side. In actual fact he was virtually under Whitehall by St James Park.

Whilst there he had a habit of drinking and taking hot baths in the afternoon. After which he would sleep wake up and work until the late early hours of the night and next day. This might be all good stuff of legends to some of you, but he expected all his secretaries advisors and Sargents to accompany his needs, carrying out his commands and instructions.

This was particularly tasking as heating up and filling a bath with water under ground during war time shortages was a big ask.

The fact that not everyone got to bath, drink and snooze didn't help matters either.

Nobody is perfect and I do think we can bless him and over look some flaws in a great man (y)

Ok now I hear your drum. Ok I can present perhaps two or three examples.

First CV, did he not say UK will follow in US steps ie Trump and MAGA-ism. What ever GREAT means to you chaps...

Secondly, SuperMini calling for a new leader like Churchill. Correct me if I'm wrong but Churchill fought wars for best part of his life and indeed he was a war cabinet leader and a pretty damn good one at that. Thank goodness for that.

Third and final one for you to comment on... Reconnecting with our friends in the #Commonwealth should be a top priority of Brexit Britain.

Top priority eh? Why? What is the rational or the business case for these suppositions.

Comments on a postcard plz :)

Apart from Farage, I doubt that MSM pay much attention to CV and SuperMini! As for Farage, well a tweet about reconnecting with Commonwealth Partners doesn't quite cut it for harking back to Empire and Farage is a has-been anyway.

I was expecting a youtube link or a news report to some Victorian Brexiteer Politician standing in parliament making references to Queen Vic, abolishment of slavery and emancipation of women, the good ol' days that we all so much crave for. Actually when you think about it, we still have calls for abolishment of slavery and emancipation of women, not much has actually changed has it!?

The Yin and Yang of leadership. The right tool for the right job at the right time, other than that, move along....next!

Again, nothing changes, Farage served his purpose, the leadership he maintained for nearly a couple of decades has brought us to Brexit, like the result or not, you cannot deny the man his leadership abilities.

Now we have Trump, Putin, May, Merkel, Barnier, Macron, Trudeau and a host of others, like em or loathe them, they all have their yingyang moments.

If Spitting Image was still around, we would have great entertainment back on our screens, how I hark for those lost days of the 80s.

If Spitting Image was still around, we would have great entertainment back on our screens, how I hark for those lost days of the 80s.

Ha hah!

See! Not the Empire, not pre-EEC... but the 80s. Now, those, they were the good old days. Brexit will bring it all back - lunatics in government, naff music, dodgy fashion:clap:

So that's an answer to "managed decline" is it? :rolleyes:

Apart from more QE, where is the EU going to get growth from? Might I remind you that inflating the money supply is not growth, OK!

Might I also remind you that increasing the EU population, either using migration or inviting lesser partners into the club, is still not growth.

Protectionism and restricting "free trade" is not growth either.

The EU is a complete mess and can only end in failure, by any measure.

Apart from more QE, where is the EU going to get growth from? Might I remind you that inflating the money supply is not growth, OK!

Might I also remind you that increasing the EU population, either using migration or inviting lesser partners into the club, is still not growth.

As much as I am on board brexit, you seem to be implying the eu is not growing?

"The Eurozone economy grew by 2.7 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2017, in line with market expectations and following an upwardly revised 2.8 percent growth in the previous period, the preliminary flash estimate showed. Over the whole year 2017, GDP grew by 2.5 percent."

So what's this then?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Really CV you never answer a straight question constantly changing the subject and now you want a decent answer. Ok...

Managed decline is the wrong phrase imo.

EU is about protecting industries and jobs from foreign competition by either using bargaining power to win favourable terms or or win / win negotiations with other players ie Asian tigers.

As I have mentioned this to you several times before you don't seem to get it. Trump talks free markets and yet adopting same policies as EU. You talk as if you understand these big shift in fundamentals but I don't think you do. Forgive me if I have the wrong end of the stick.

UK talks about free trade and coming to Tariff free trade agreements with rest of the world but here once again it is talking about adopting tariffs against her biggest trading partner the EU.

Suggest to you that EU is about economies of scale due to population size and thus market size which gives any country a key advantage in any mode of production or service but you fellas don't seem to understand. There are all kinds of efficiencies especially in our modern world of economics. One doesn't take food to local market but international.

Honestly, unless you understand the nature of the beast about the theory of international trade (concentrating on what one is efficient and has abundance of skills in) trying to compete on an international stage with 80m population is nonsense.

Moreover, if anyone has studied development economies... all the Asian tigers and who are now successful including Asian tigers, India and China and even USA and UK protect and nurture fledgling industries to give them a chance to grow.

So when EU is growing you talk of managing decline. You SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT EU IS GROWING SLOWLY AS OTHER COUNTRIES (BRICS) ARE GROWING FASTER. EU is in no different place to US or UK you gloat about.

Your view and your version of economics as you say it is different to mine.

What can I say but Tomato and you say Tomayto.

After so many months the lady is going to show her hands. About time as we've certainly been round the block a few times...

Brexit: Ministers to unveil what EU relationship they want for UK

You going to give a serious reply or just post links.

Evade and deflect.

Managed decline and so you say EU is a complete mess???

That's the problem with your approach. You are always looking at other peoples problems other than UK's.

PIGS are fattening and getting ready to come to market ;)

Euro/Dollar is at 1.23.

Silk road is being built.

Fascist ultra right parties didn't get to make any in-roads other than the UK.

And you post some two-bit link about some threats to your darling Leadsom.

Funny how you don't show much sympathy when Labour women get them by the 000s or even when they are assassinated in public.

Some scary stuff going on out there. Focus on the big picture :idea:

You going to give a serious reply or just post links.

Evade and deflect.

Managed decline and so you say EU is a complete mess???

That's the problem with your approach. You are always looking at other peoples problems other than UK's.

PIGS are fattening and getting ready to come to market ;)

Euro/Dollar is at 1.23.

Silk road is being built.

Fascist ultra right parties didn't get to make any in-roads other than the UK.

And you post some two-bit link about some threats to your darling Leadsom.

Funny how you don't show much sympathy when Labour women get them by the 000s or even when they are assassinated in public.

Some scary stuff going on out there. Focus on the big picture :idea:

Reply to what? You ain't said anything!

I hear that BoJo is making a speech tomo outlining our future trading relationships outside the EU. About bloody time too, they are finally following what Farage and JRM have been advocating for yrs. Leave the protectionist club far behind and get out into the world and grow like crazy. That is the true Libertarian direction, not to be confused in any way with Liberalism.

Anyone watched this? :LOL:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbctwo

Culham in Oxfordshire is about to be decimated by a new development of 3,500 houses. This is greenbelt land where the locals lead a sleepy life unconcerned by events. Or so they thought!
I bet none of these residents voted for Brexit.

I wonder what they might be thinking now about why so many people need new housing and services ! Nothing to do with uncontrolled immigration and free movement.

I wonder if they have joined the dots yet ?:rolleyes:

I wonder what they might be thinking now about why so many people need new housing and services ! Nothing to do with uncontrolled immigration and free movement.

I wonder if they have joined the dots yet ?:rolleyes:

The elephant in the room is getting fatter and yet they will still find ways to avoid talking about it.

Attachments

• DVxyxoMX0AEvZhW.jpg
    DVxyxoMX0AEvZhW.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 64
What Boris Johnson’s Brexit Speech Tells Us About U.K. Politics

Got a frosty reception. Much hot air and no substance.

Bumbling baffoon.

Turning into sad loser.

All hope and not much on numbers. CV no doubt will think it is the next best thing to sliced bread :cheesy:

Reasonable outline I suppose, but doesn't go far enough.

Anyway, it is abundantly clear now that remoaners need to throw in the towel. The battle is totally lost and it's time to move on. There is no point in wasting energy fighting for stuff that isn't going to happen and i'm trying to be helpful here, but disappearing into your rabbit hole is not at all productive and it might well play havoc with mental health.

So, embrace the future and all the opportunities that will open up.(y)

Just under 3,500 registered to work in 2017, a 26 percent drop from 2014.
By Donato Paolo Mancini
February 15, 2018, 5:15 AM GMT

Andrea Pevere had a great job offer: a permanent position as an anesthesiologist in the U.K., where she had previously worked and lived. But she worried about what would happen to her immigration status—she is Italian—once Britain formally leaves the European Union in 2019.

Instead, like an increasing number of European doctors, she decided against the move, accepting a limited-term contract in France.

“If you want to build a future,” said Pevere, 35, “you just think twice about choosing the U.K. for a long-term job.”

The number of doctors coming to the U.K. from the European Union fell 9 percent in 2017 to an eight-year low, according to new figures from the U.K.’s General Medical Council obtained by Bloomberg through a freedom of information request. There were 3,458 new doctors from EU countries who registered to work in 2017, down 26 percent from a peak of 4,644 in 2014, the council’s data show.

Doctors who have considered working in the U.K. say it will only get worse, thanks to Britain’s 2016 decision to leave the EU. Non-Brits haven’t had a clear answer on whether they’ll be able to live and work in an independent U.K., despite attempts at reassurance from Theresa May’s government.

No need for foreign doctors or nurses!

Once migrant labour goes back or stop coming here system will balance it self out and NHS will be tickety boo again.

:rolleyes:

:whistling

:|

Ahh well, at least we can feel better about poaching skilled doctors from other countries where there’s greater demand for them..... every cloud...:whistling

Controlled migration, not no migration..

Ahh well, at least we can feel better about poaching skilled doctors from other countries where there’s greater demand for them..... every cloud...:whistling

Controlled migration, not no migration..

Control is an illusion. They've already stopped coming. I don't think you've read the article. Nursing and Doctor applications are both down whilst GP Surgeries have unfulfilled vacancies.

Add to that brain drain and Brits who are able to leave the UK who will do.

I hope it works out for you.

On another note the skills required to build the new future with AI, driverless cars and new standards will all be established by Europe and Asia. UK will simply have to learn to tag along rather than setting them at the head of the table.

The gigantic size of future technologies require national & international planning. This is what our pea-sized-brained politicians fail to see. Setting standards and building to those standards, licensing and patenting is where the future will be. Think about it. We can't even produce a car now what chance do we have of competing in the future when we will be falling behind in the technology race.

Did you hear Boris calling for university students to be wolcomeed in the UK? I hope you realise they made up the bulk of migrant labour who chose to stay and work in the UK.

Brexiters need to sort your selves out as to what you want and what you don't? We'll have you but not you. You'll do, you can naff off. You must be the fat controller. :)

Take back control indeed but first make up your minds as to what you want :sleep: