Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

So policy is determined by quack experts and quack science based on misleading information where Govt is supposed to determine what is best for everybody and in the national interest.

Doesn't sound like the "social contract" that I grew up with!

Just proves that govt either hasn't got a clue, we give them too much credit for knowing about stuff or they are deliberatly implementing quack science as part of a wider [common] purpose.

Last edited:
I agree with that.
Also, rip the other 19,188,116 folks whove so far passed this year without CV-19.

Not forgetting the deaths atrributable as a direct result of the lockdown (secondary deaths attributable to Covid19 where the cause is not 'of' or 'with' Covid19):

• A.N.Y.Other death related to project fear (ie not attending hospital for treatment or diagnosis)
  • Increased Suicides (ongoing as the economic situation worsens)
  • Increased Domestic Abuse
  • Increased DIY accidents
  • Increased neglect (mostly of older housebound people (or in OAP homes), but would also include children at home or in care)
  • Increased murders (across all age groups)
  • etc

I expect to see some of these types of figures emerging from the ONS sometime soon.

MSM only appear to be concentrating on reduced crime ie shoplifting and gang related stabbings, they are not asking questions related to secondary deaths.

On the subject of 'Common Purpose', listen very carefully to politicians words and when this particular phrase pops up in various announcements, wee Sturgeon Kranky has used it already in relation to Covid19.

How we must get used to the new norm and how the way we lived before Covid19 is lost forever.

Frightening stuff.

So policy is determined by quack experts and quack science based on misleading information where Govt is supposed to determine what is best for everybody and in the national interest.

Doesn't sound like the "social contract" that I grew up with!

I'm surprised at you, CV. Both statements are as true now as they ever were, going back as far as there were "governments" of any kind.

I'd hazard that your opinion of "What you grew up with" is somewhat rosy-tinted and I'm sure that if you examine in a little more depth as to just how that "social contract"* was arrived at and who the paymasters of several people involved in its origination and implementation were then the situation as it was and is now are actually remarkably similar. You can call me a cynic and I freely admit to being at least partially so...and I'm not talking about some demented namby-pamby Greek barrel dweller type cynicism but the belief that most people fight their respective corners and talk their books. It was true in the past and it's true today.

I'm surprised at you, CV. Both statements are as true now as they ever were, going back as far as there were "governments" of any kind.

I'd hazard that your opinion of "What you grew up with" is somewhat rosy-tinted and I'm sure that if you examine in a little more depth as to just how that "social contract"* was arrived at and who the paymasters of several people involved in its origination and implementation were then the situation as it was and is now are actually remarkably similar. You can call me a cynic and I freely admit to being at least partially so...and I'm not talking about some demented namby-pamby Greek barrel dweller type cynicism but the belief that most people fight their respective corners and talk their books. It was true in the past and it's true today.

Agree with you strongly Sir Canta,

CV loves Mrs Thatcher who ignored all British advice along with the advice of her cabinet and implemented policies drafted by US quangos and contractors.

Whether it was fiscal, monetary or strategic it was all about the US. Not much has changed now really.

Agree with you strongly Sir Canta,

CV loves Mrs Thatcher who ignored all British advice along with the advice of her cabinet and implemented policies drafted by US quangos and contractors.

Whether it was fiscal, monetary or strategic it was all about the US. Not much has changed now really.

This is a trope that's put about concerning every UK Prime Minister. Its maybe the only thing that critics of both Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair have in common.

There are areas in which the UK and US have very parallel philosophies and so naturally very parallel foreign policies. The US is our most powerful ally: we are the US's most steadfast European allies. It really would be surprising if our foreign policies did not mostly align.

Just watched the UK Covid briefing and the Chief Quack (Chris Whitty) was referring to Covid19 as a disease and I can't remember Covid19 being referred to as a disease up until the last briefing I watched which was a couple of weeks ago.

So the virus is leading to a disease? Is this news to anyone, a slip of the tongue, or is it me being dumb?

This is a trope that's put about concerning every UK Prime Minister. Its maybe the only thing that critics of both Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair have in common.

There are areas in which the UK and US have very parallel philosophies and so naturally very parallel foreign policies. The US is our most powerful ally: we are the US's most steadfast European allies. It really would be surprising if our foreign policies did not mostly align.

Howe and Heseltine would disagree with you but doesn't matter what they think or if they were in the cabinet at the time.

Some of Thatchers best friends said she liked men who stood up to her. They obviously knew what they were talking about. ;)

Just watched the UK Covid briefing and the Chief Quack (Chris Whitty) was referring to Covid19 as a disease and I can't remember Covid19 being referred to as a disease up until the last briefing I watched which was a couple of weeks ago.

So the virus is leading to a disease? Is this news to anyone, a slip of the tongue, or is it me being dumb?

Think I've just done a Trump! o_O:giggle:o_O

I'm surprised non of the great mathematicians on this great trading forum have mentioned the value of R. Surely exponential growth or contraction is an important function?

London Real is more Russian than the TV channel RT (Russia Today) or the Evening standard.

The owner of London Live is the Russian oligarch[2] Evgeny Lebedev who is also the chairman and owner of both Evening Standard Ltd, publisher of the Evening Standard newspaper, which he bought in January 2009 and of Independent Print Ltd, publisher of The Independent and Independent on Sunday, which he bought in March 2010.

The Russians are brilliant strategists, they have infiltrated the British media and are making the English pay for Russian propaganda. Thats what 20 years of a KGB officer as a president does for your country. When he dies they're screwed.
Is london real associated with london live? I had a quick look but nothing popped up.

Foreign and hostile people should NOT be allowed to buy influential UK papers and magazines.
The politicians just are not doing their job of protecting British interests.

Foreign and hostile people should NOT be allowed to buy influential UK papers and magazines.

I've come to the firm conclusion that this is the battle of the globalists v nation states.
Fluck China and Globalism.

You'd have thought they wouldn't be allowed to be Heads of State, Monarchs, Senior Civil Servants, Cabinet Ministers, Owners of Estates & Vast Tracts of Land, CEO's, Control our Corporations or Avoid all and any Taxes.

But, yes, you've guessed it, they've always done all of these things, so you might as well resign yourself to that just being the way things are, because they certainly aren't going to change any time soon.

:rolleyes: