April '04 Forex

lol mate i know. i was bored.

He made me do it (points to imaginary friend)

well. 1.7600 didnt hold. its a long way down chaps.

have been thinking about US news just now..
at about 1.20 im gonna tighten trailing stop loss to 20 points, then also put in a further sell order 20 points below the current level. and see which way the news takes us.

hmm, chicken tikka sandwiches really rock! :)

au contraire Mr C. i think we want good job's data. this will increase fears of a rate rise, and down she goes even more.

Eurodollar appears to be pretty resilient at the moment.

this move must be due to Sterling weakness rather than dollar strength.

oh am i talking rowlocks again?

FC

Current position:

Cable S 1.7653 SL 1.7610 (tightened due to news)
Eur L 1.1840 SAR 1.1803 (tightened due to news)

To: Anyone who went long EUR at 1830+.

Do we stop and reverse if EUR hits the lower band level ( approx 1804) which is looking increasingly likely ??

yup, im leaving the Euro short to about 1.1795 or so, in case we get a fake break below 1.1800

good luck chaps!

:)

Ivorm

Absolutely! The H/L range this a.m. was relatively small, which lends to SAR at 1.1803/4.

FetteredChinos said:
yup, im leaving the Euro short to about 1.1795 or so, in case we get a fake break below 1.1800

good luck chaps!

:)

My bad eyesight system has me in a channel ( highs and lows between 7am and 10am - so still waiting for a trade).

hourly and 15min charts are tracing a sideways channel, maybe a break of 1.1800 will signal a short?

yup neil. thats as i read it.

7-10am range was 1.806 - 1.1833 give or take a few points either way.

so we have had our crappy shot at a long, short looking as though it may kick in soon. still not stopped out of my long though!!

good luck with it mate.

FC :)

Hey FC.

That picture just made my day!! LOL

Keep up the good work, following this thread with interest.

Faris...

no worries. bit of a quiet moment. not sure what is developing on the 1 min chart yet.

could be a cup and handle formation - bullish
could be a bad-ass bear flag - in this case, big time bearish (still looks that way on a 5 min chart)

US data could decide its fate, or then again it might not.

i'll post a new chart when things liven up again...

right guys, here we go. 50/50 time

stops in at 1.7640 for existing postion
further sell order in at 1.7595 in case it goes bananas.

...double bottom on the €$ 5 min - low risk long from 1812 (stop at BE already)...let's see what the US reports can do for us.

good luck chow. i hope it works out for you, or that at least you dont get too much slippage on your stop! :)

im getting nervous now.

who's betting on it being a non-event now lol?

FC