April '04 Forex

I use MACD of two exponential averages (and a few other qualifying factors like momentum and "judgment") and it gave a signal shortly afterwards.

Bit heartstopping this movement down afterwards though :(

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 370
interesting Volatile. you must suffer from loads of whipsaws????

using a simple zero-line crossover on MACD is pretty whippy??

FC

possible big move up in the intermediate term?

here's a two hour chart. looking bullish regarding the higher lows on the indicators.

on price action alone its looking as though we have reached a crossroads.

i'd favour a move up personally, but it could also go down lol!!

:)

Attachments

• big move up.jpg
    big move up.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 349
....nice wedge/triangle developing on the 5min €$. Should generate a decent move on BO....

speak for yourself lol :)

may take a couple of hours to settle into its big move though. not taking up a longer term position til i know whats going on lol. at this rate, that will be 2007

:)

Well.....no trade thus far on JT's break out thingy !

Anyone following his 5min thingy?

Upside (5min) initial target 2030 - which is around next resistance area after 1950; downside target 1795ish.

FetteredChinos

Not as many as you might think actually, and the zero line crossover is not the full system I was a bit vague about the other details as it gets complicated.

For example there were 2 signals I took as false before exiting out with a small loss (5 points) on the trade above. I am now short again.

The system does take a lot of small losses, although they're usually between 5 and 15 points due to the stops and so on I have in place. There are less profits (I have noticed a pattern towards trades placed 7-9am, and 4-6pm being more profitable in general). The profits when they come tend to be quite large, and I think if I could work out a better exit I might be able to increase them.

Delmonico said:
JonnyT, was there anything in your original musings about the 7-10 breakout and only trading it within the next 2 bars. I believe I read this somewhere and just want to clarify
Thanks again
Delmonico

Delmonico

I think the "original" system had a breakout from 7-10, no time limit, a 35 pip stop and exit at 21:00.

A later variant (by Rog1111) used 1-8, entry by 10:00, a 60 pip stop and exit at 18:00

HI neil,

I thought JT's system signalled a long earlier today at 1924. I went long and got stopped out for -35. :(

I then went short at 1882 on the break of the triangle. (See FC's earlier post). So, basically, the current situation is : I'd like to see the Euro plummet to the pits of the earth !! :devilish:

HTH

Regards

im short too goobs.. looking for a test of 1.7700.

if only i had kept that short going from this morning, i would be laughing at +150 . nutsack!!!!!

:(

oh well, at least it wasnt a loss lol

FC