anyone trading cable 2013 - lets roll

Forgive me but why have neither you CM or BeginnerJoe bought on a day with clear intraday bullish sentiment ? your trades have been shorts ? Am I missing something - surely this was the better plan given the price action today as showing bullish sentiment ? I'm a crap trader - learning and even I have found reasons to buy.

I don't trade intraday.

out for -24.2 and that sucks

bad luck./...resistance became support and a follow thru to the upside on that 1hr bullish thrust after only a small pullback. Daily R2 and 38.2% 6179-5673 at the current daily hi now.

G/L

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 120
and hirose uk slipped me 1.6 pips on exit lol. so a total of about 3 pips slippage on their 0.9 spread. lol

bad luck./...resistance became support and a follow thru to the upside on that 1hr bullish thrust after only a small pullback. Daily R2 and 38.2% 6179-5673 at the current daily hi now.

G/L

yeah price did react about 10 pips to my entry point however the huge slippage on entry and me not taking the small profit was an issue.

Forgive me but why have neither you CM or BeginnerJoe bought on a day with clear intraday bullish sentiment ? your trades have been shorts ? Am I missing something - surely this was the better plan given the price action today as showing bullish sentiment ? I'm a crap trader - learning and even I have found reasons to buy.

I did want to go long. But the price ran too far out of reach.

I did want to go long. But the price ran too far out of reach.

What does '..too far out of reach...' mean ? Take for eg the 2 x bullish engulfing candles on 1hr we have had opening at 1200pm and 1500pm gmt today - were they not signals to get long ? I thought so. BBmac talks about the '..greater probability..' and surely these pointed to the greater probability being price rising ?? Sorry - I just wanted to understand as I felt I was missing something with everyone selling.

Thanks.

What does '..too far out of reach...' mean ? Take for eg the 2 x bullish engulfing candles on 1hr we have had opening at 1200pm and 1500pm gmt today - were they not signals to get long ? I thought so. BBmac talks about the '..greater probability..' and surely these pointed to the greater probability being price rising ?? Sorry - I just wanted to understand as I felt I was missing something with everyone selling.

Thanks.

I know nothing about engulfing candles. If it works for you, did you go all in ?

Price goes up and it goes down. I believed it went too far up, so I sold.

No, I didn't go' all in ' - I used sensible risk and money management appropriate to the set-ups' performance over time.

If you '...believed it went too far up...' isn't that the same as trading what you thought not what you see-ing ?

Thanks for the reply - I am learning all the time.

I know nothing about engulfing candles. If it works for you, did you go all in ?

Price goes up and it goes down. I believed it went too far up, so I sold.

gbpusd daily

Daily below...strong pullback off 5673 - the last LL in the daily t/f downtrend...pullback hi just touching base of that prev dly swing hi zone at the last LH on this t/f. Above there 5898 is 61.8% 6038-5673 and 5930/26 is 38.2% 6349-5673/50% 6179-5673.

G/L

Attachments

• dly.jpg
    dly.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 122
Ok, no more messing about. I am long biased in cable. So I am building a long position. Initial manual stop at 1.56707. The position will be built from all favourable price levels. To make it interesting, I am entering probing positions starting at the current price of 1.5871.

The question for me today is will I survive sitting out since cable is going down today ?

Uk data not quite as forecast but not a disaster either ? stays above the 50 level...1hr is as below multiple attempts at that 5770-80 level now and rejected...

G/L

Attachments

• 1hr.jpg
    1hr.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 119
Uk Data was poor, but i think buying cable here as a day trade is a good entry level, USd will get slammed later on, markets very risk on, even though gbp seems to be less affected by risk on moves these days

Long cable at 1.5811

Uk Data was poor

It's not that far from expectations. I think it's down mainly for pull back reasons. I am happy. and buying at the current levels, although not for day trade. I hope it will be down a 100 points. Then I can get in at a point I previously wanted to get in.