Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning All

I think that the the bullishness will continue for one more week. Jan 23 are the AAPL earnings.

Could well be right dont think we will see new highs from FTSE and DAX though !

morning chaps

more shorts for my collection

now which ones to have Hmmmm
Wrap them all up I'll take them all and you discount for cash ofcourse

6106 and 13412 added

Could well be right dont think we will see new highs from FTSE and DAX though !

I am ready to pull the trigger. Don't like to build a position though now. I was burned last August.

Prefer to see first the downturn and then enter.

Oil had a nice rebound since yesterdays selloff (due to inventory data) although Marketwatch was touting all day how much US production increased due to fracking

I am ready to pull the trigger. Don't like to build a position though now. I was burned last August.

Prefer to see first the downturn and then enter.

I know what you mean, we may see better entry levels for shorts, im short Dax and DOW with stops above recent highs, alot of people looking for that 1474 level in S&P we touched last year so they may push it to that and we get a double top

I know what you mean, we may see better entry levels for shorts, im short Dax and DOW with stops above recent highs, alot of people looking for that 1474 level in S&P we touched last year so they may push it to that and we get a double top

That would be an ideal scenario. I'll pay for the beers :)

Oil had a nice rebound since yesterdays selloff (due to inventory data) although Marketwatch was touting all day how much US production increased due to fracking

I think the bounce is for the shorts to charge in.
I'll try to go short around 13:00 UK time. There is usually a break in the daily trend at that hour.

people bearish FTSE may want to peek at the BP year chart, possible break of 9 month resistance at 453

also we have daily bullish confirmation for SP500 march

Im sure all this bullishness will be undone when Draghi comes out with rates are appropriate. EurUsd will probably pop only to get sold into and stocks start to come off. But i must say selling into this uptrend a dangerous game for sure. But im doing it anyway !

VIX at lowest levels for 1 year at least, extreme complacency,

Cannot believe the move in the Vix this year think alot of people bought it as protection over the fiscal cliff talks and had to sell when it was resolved, even so sub 14 is way too low im sure we will see it back in the 20's before march

Cannot believe the move in the Vix this year think alot of people bought it as protection over the fiscal cliff talks and had to sell when it was resolved, even so sub 14 is way too low im sure we will see it back in the 20's before march

would they have been buying it around 15-17

so not too bad, and sometimes they would buy front month vix and short longer month, strangles and straddles. cheap to protect, use premium from selling to get long at level u want

Im sure all this bullishness will be undone when Draghi comes out with rates are appropriate. EurUsd will probably pop only to get sold into and stocks start to come off. But i must say selling into this uptrend a dangerous game for sure. But im doing it anyway !

I don't much care if the thing shoots for the stars or plumbs the depths :LOL: All I want is for ftse to underperform dow - I've had my short/long for a day and a half now and pretty much where I started.