Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

IMHO there really is not much meaning to the calls / entries / trades - live or otherwise

you never know the whole story - how it has been hedged, what size, what proportion of the account, risk %, what other positions are open in the same instrument and other instrument

without all that context uni-directional trade calls just show some bias

what I find more useful on this forum is the trading methods / techniques / experiences shared .....and by trading methods I am not referring to the TA but trade management methods / techniques

and that's the reason I dont find the live trade threads that attractive....it is source of some amusement / interest / what other people views are on the market...but beyond that it is only a prediction...may be it is helpful for those who predict to ensure their own discipline

a technical analyst worth his salt may produce many good calls but may still (and normally does) lose on real trades

selectively I can post many trades - both losing and winning but that doesnt even begin to tell the story of my trading account as a whole

Am sure you are correct..................

This is looking bad with the Dow "clinging" to current level.........

Bounced off the level DJ mentioned earlier.

And again......

But not this time !!

This is looking bad with the Dow "clinging" to current level.........

Bounced off the level DJ mentioned earlier.

And again......

But not this time !!

they play games during the day, but come the close then they show us the "real" dow

... can't help it, I am a contrarian :D

Need to read GS book a couple more times to change attitude.

Took me about 4 Years originally for me to change my attitude but even now couple years later, I still lapse back occasionally including one frenetic week last summer when I dropped £6.5k...........:|

Took me about 4 Years originally for me to change my attitude but even now couple years later, I still lapse back occasionally including one frenetic week last summer when I dropped £6.5k...........:|

I got burned a much higher ammount this summer, and from that time decided to have tight stops and move to breakeven quickly, when it moves into positive teritoty.

The minus is you get stopped out many times, but at least you preserve the capital.