Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

respect....

was the 6.5 k on a single trade or single day....was that your max?

Over 3 days when the Yanks were close to having their Credit Line curtailed and Indices were all over the place........
It didn't help that I was in Thailand for 2 months, with a limited news flow.

In the end I had Shorted Gold with an unmovable (any further) stop at 1905 after huge rises had taken it up..........

Thai is +7 GMT so I'm up half the night thinking this is it..........

Dax was down about £3k......Gold was down about £2.5k and the rest between Cac and Ftse...........

Woke up to a completely empty trade list as EVERYTHING had closed out...........

Tradefair was showing Minus £456 or similar. (When I refreshed it it actually went back to Zero)

Gold had topped out around 1911 Dollars and over the next few days promptly reversed all the Gains, as did the Dax Ftse and Cac more slowly.........

Without question I now consider it the BEST thing that ever happened as previously had considered myself untouchable !!

Live and Learn and never move Stops !! Employ Wide Stops if you wish, but still never move them......

edited.....(I may be a few Dollars out on the Gold Price either way but it topped $6 over the Stop)

Last edited:
Greece has exhausted all Reserves has just come through on Ransquawk...........

The situation is on a knife's edge. Many people see the earth dissappearing below their feet, all standards as they used to know, suddenly are gone.

Even England are losing to the Swedes tonight..............

Everything is going Txxx Up............:D

WOW what a night, even AUD got taken down.
Looking ASX range 4425/30 to 4465/70
Prefer the short side, but happy to go long if the market over extends to the dowside.
If we turn around and bounce should come from you guys on Thursday.

I got burned a much higher ammount this summer, and from that time decided to have tight stops and move to breakeven quickly, when it moves into positive teritoty.

The minus is you get stopped out many times, but at least you preserve the capital.

Yes, that has happened to me, too, but I am not sure that it solves the problem except that you go a long way in a long time. That is how it seems to me.

What we have to do is get it right more often! :)

I have been doing this for so many years and, still, have my bad periods. The news background influences me a great deal even though I try to trade without news. It is not good, just now, and I think of what the market should be doing. It will do that but when? Not when we want it to. :(

Reading the Ransquawk written update this morning at 0645 tensions have escalated as Israeli Ministers have authorised the Call up of Army Reserves...........

morning bustech and jungerns

middle east not much coverage on cnbc/bloom

Literally being updated real time now...............

Rockets are going off now and more killed overnight. Israeli forces expected to enter the Gaza Strip leading to the return of the fierce fighting of 4 years ago.....

Talking Forex/Ransquawk are repeating it often as they consider it Market Moving.............

I would consider that a small Long Entry on Gold may be wise ?? If I enter I will Post...........

Morning All,

I observed the same, not much coverage, except some news channels.

Possibly it will not influence much, this is a permanent situation there.

morning zorbas,

I wonder if they are doing it to boost the oil price, it has fallen a lot.

Literally being updated real time now...............

Rockets are going off now and more killed overnight. Israeli forces expected to enter the Gaza Strip leading to the return of the fierce fighting of 4 years ago.....

Talking Forex/Ransquawk are repeating it often as they consider it Market Moving.............

I would consider that a small Long Entry on Gold may be wise ?? If I enter I will Post...........

thanks jungerns