Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I can relate to the 1987 storm that hit London. There was no internet in those days and the brokers were not picking up the telephones.

It was a very unpleasant few hours and it might be a good time to remind traders to watch their backs while Sandy is around. It is supposed to hit New York later, today,

Nothing may happen but, just watch it, OK?

It might not be the SE, in itself--- just one big power cut blacking everyone out.

Last edited:
I can relate to the 1987 storm that hit London. There was no internet in those days and the brokers were not picking up the telephones.

It was a very unpleasant few hours and it might be a good time to remind traders to watch their backs while Sandy is around. It is supposed to hit New York later, today,

Nothing may happen but, just watch it, OK?

It might not be the SE, in itself--- just one big power cut blacking everyone out.

morning Splitlink i think the US NYSE exchange is closed, today.

The New York Stock Exchange will be closed on Monday and provisionally on Tuesday as a safety precaution as the city prepares for the arrival of Hurricane Sandy.

source. BBC

if the exchange is closed why dont they let electronic trading go ahead, i am guessing it may be unsafe for all those algo/robots in that storm

Corvin holds a Ph.D in Theoretical Physics from the University of Cambridge where he researched and taught in Stephen Hawking’s General Relativity group. He also holds an M.A and B.A. in Mathematics from the University of Cambridge.

Corvin started his financial career in 2001 at JPMorgan working in Market Risk Management. Between 2003 and 2004 he was a quantitative analyst at the start-up fund Brevan Howard, in charge of constructing the risk infrastructure and developing trading models.

In 2005 he joined Barclays Capital as Global Head of FX Options Strategy, raising the profile of the quantitative research group, helping to raise BarCap’s rank in the Euromoney FX polls. He was also instrumental in developing the Intelligent FX Carry Index for BarCap, which led to $1bn in sales of structured notes.

From 2006 to 2008 he was a systematic trader at Peloton Partners LLP where he ran a $100mm portfolio.

In 2008, Corvin went to Deutsche Bank where he assisted in re-designing the investment bank’s risk systems. From June 2010 to May 2011 Corvin worked closely with the high frequency prop FX desk at Deutsche Bank, developing new intraday trading models.

June 2011 Corvin established CCFX together with Partner Capital.

Corvin Codirla, this is on the instutrade trader meeting.

Last edited:
morning bustech.

strong dollar, 10yr/30yr us falling in yield money moving into safety. about 8 days before the US 6th November presidential election.

SP500 December, bearish level on daily is 1401.5 (5795.7 cash)

most probable retest of last weeks lows for sp500 dec. 1394 (5766)

fridays instutrade meeting was very interesting they got some professionals and hedge fund guy. good info.

Hedge funds(Corvin) don't like the small moves.
Maybe too big to move in and out of the market like the retail trader.
He said wait for the clean break and go with it.
AUD/USD been in a range for 2 years, can it stay in that range for another 2 years.

Hedge funds(Corvin) don't like the small moves.
Maybe too big to move in and out of the market like the retail trader.
He said wait for the clean break and go with it.
AUD/USD been in a range for 2 years, can it stay in that range for another 2 years.

i have heard that the Aus economy is going down the tube,

EURUSD above 1.291 spoke too soon its gone below now.

It's strange opposite to the USA.

Corporate weak, but economic strong.

yep corporate are weird they are unable to beat the guidance which they themselves have given a few weeks earlier. you set your own target and fail miserably to beat it.

morning bustech.

strong dollar, 10yr/30yr us falling in yield money moving into safety. about 8 days before the US 6th November presidential election.

SP500 December, bearish level on daily is 1401.5 (5795.7 cash)

most probable retest of last weeks lows for sp500 dec. 1394 (5766)

FTSE hit 5766, last weeks low around 5750 next

sp500 dec futures down heavy, yesterdays close where we got some strength last 20mins into close was "painting the close",

posted above at OCT 26, 2012, 9:10AM referring to Thursday close of 1408.25

"painting the close" is when they make the market look stronger than it is and hide weakness. SP500 dec is now 1398. the difference represents 42 ftse points.

Hi Samirs,

Relax and spend some time reading the whole thread, it will make sense this way. In short the guy was declaring he is a 'newbie' and only trading 'on/off for about a year' but yet digging for further info shows up he works for a large UK equities trading firm. If he did not disclose this to IG they have a right to pull all bets. Non disclosure is very serious in this world of trading. Once he was found out he then attempted to pull everything down from the internet including the posts here at T2W, this itself is a strong admission to guilt and if true could end up with the minimum of disciplinary action possibly leading to the loss of his job. At the least he is banned from trading with IG.

Don't just read the opening post and make a judgement, this is what most do. Take the time to research further - to be fair, this is just reading the other posts on the subject.

Good luck for the week ahead. I look forward to some good quality posts and great wins from all.

Lee Shepherd

Hi Lee

Thanks for summarising your take on the matter. Very helpful as I indeed did not go through whole thread since as usual there was lot of banter and I did not have that much time.

But my point is does anyone have experience or know of situations where someone made that kind of money and were able to withdraw. Or does IG only like winning punters with £10 per point.

Hi Lee

Thanks for summarising your take on the matter. Very helpful as I indeed did not go through whole thread since as usual there was lot of banter and I did not have that much time.

But my point is does anyone have experience or know of situations where someone made that kind of money and were able to withdraw. Or does IG only like winning punters with £10 per point.

I believe that winning punters of that size do not chat about it on the internet.
Therefore, I doubt whether we will ever know the answer to that question. Apart from that, would they be believed if they did?

I believe that winning punters of that size do not chat about it on the internet.
Therefore, I doubt whether we will ever know the answer to that question. Apart from that, would they be believed if they did?

Fair point. I was hoping with the vast experience on these forums someone may be able to share may be not their own but someone's experience of that scale of amount