Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

US 10yr yield down 3%, a big move.

money running for safety

Morning SD

Back on line.
If we sell off in the US today.
My guess is that Asia will buy and FTSE and DAX will follow on Monday.
Unless we get 2/3% sell off in the US, then the ball game changes.

hi RickBFA thanks for commenting, yep think he has many decades of experience.

Thanks SD, I have limited experience so my contribution to this thread may not add much.

I did open short positions on the NASDAQ and S&P in response to Oscar's thoughts earlier today. So far, so good.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Wall Street opens.

Thanks SD, I have limited experience so my contribution to this thread may not add much.

I did open short positions on the NASDAQ and S&P in response to Oscar's thoughts earlier today. So far, so good.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Wall Street opens.

RickBFA on the sp500 december 1394 is a big fib level. if we can hold that all will be well might set up a rally

roughly equal to 5717 currently on ftse.

Some great posts this week by new and old posters.
No weekend data, so US will be the lead on Monday.
Catch everyone next week.

PS, don't forget to change your clocks.:)

Tomorrow, but only if DAX closes above 7193 today:

- if there is a gap down on open, I will go long to see whether gap will close
- I will have a buy order just above today's high in case we get there.

Right, DAX closed the gap in style, but I banked only 3 points instead of 40 or more :mad:
This reminds me why I still come to work every day...

Other order (7260) now cancelled - boss keeps me busy today.

Morning Dick,

Tricky one this without a lot more research. So, without me doing this I can only give my opinion (and experiences) so please forgive me if it's not what the reader wants to hear.

Having read over the link it's not a million miles away from how I started out many years ago. As long as a large bag of blue chip stocks are picked and preferably 2 or 3 from the same sector and by picking a few different sectors then this strategy is proven to work over time. Just as buying property does. Obviously there will be bad years, make the choice - sit and hold further or simply take a loss.

This is a long term 'bottom drawer' strategy. Stick em in the bottom drawer and come back at Christmas.

The reason for picking 2 or 3 in the same sector is that if one goes bust another picks up the business. Take Northern Rock for example or Woolworths or even Game Station. People are still around banking, buying stuff and playing games, its just they now shop somewhere else. Too many banks??? - close some down.

I don't want to re-iterate the link too much but find myself doing so here.

My summary is this is a good and simple strategy to ease someone into the world of trading. The strat itself is not trading but more of an investment nature but can certainly lead one down that path. It also helps a lot in learning the fundamentals behind business's and the workings of business and micro and macro economics, providing of course the time and effort is put in.

If you have spare cash burning a hole, throw some at this strat.

Have a great weekend all,

Lee Shepherd

yes put them in the bottom drawer that's how I was thinking ...the only way to lose is if they go bust or you sell for a loss ….because of my charting I might have problems following it to a tee tho :(

thanks Lee

FTSE long earlier from 5774 closed for 30 points profit. Not greedy 30 + 20 earlier will do for today.

Ian