Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

For any elliot wave junkies

Attachments

• ew.png
    ew.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
the level can change as ftse correlation changes it only changes by a few points usually

Last edited:
weird how the ftse continues to fall given yesterdays "excellent" news on GDP. me thinks the market it dont believe government statistics, today we get US gdp, more crap from the committee to re-elect obama.

sp500 dec futures down heavy, yesterdays close where we got some strength last 20mins into close was "painting the close",

interesting share strategy....i hope Lee Shepherd can comment..

Dogs of The Footsie 2012 portfolio | Money Observer

Morning Dick,

Tricky one this without a lot more research. So, without me doing this I can only give my opinion (and experiences) so please forgive me if it's not what the reader wants to hear.

Having read over the link it's not a million miles away from how I started out many years ago. As long as a large bag of blue chip stocks are picked and preferably 2 or 3 from the same sector and by picking a few different sectors then this strategy is proven to work over time. Just as buying property does. Obviously there will be bad years, make the choice - sit and hold further or simply take a loss.

This is a long term 'bottom drawer' strategy. Stick em in the bottom drawer and come back at Christmas.

The reason for picking 2 or 3 in the same sector is that if one goes bust another picks up the business. Take Northern Rock for example or Woolworths or even Game Station. People are still around banking, buying stuff and playing games, its just they now shop somewhere else. Too many banks??? - close some down.

I don't want to re-iterate the link too much but find myself doing so here.

My summary is this is a good and simple strategy to ease someone into the world of trading. The strat itself is not trading but more of an investment nature but can certainly lead one down that path. It also helps a lot in learning the fundamentals behind business's and the workings of business and micro and macro economics, providing of course the time and effort is put in.

If you have spare cash burning a hole, throw some at this strat.

Have a great weekend all,

Lee Shepherd

Oh and I forgot to mention the great bit:

You can only ever lose 100% on any given stock but the gains you can make are unlimited. 200%, 500% and I've even seen gains in the many thousands of percent.

To the non believers - check it out before commenting. They really do exist and YES you too can have some of that profit.