Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

- Put volume in BP is running 7x normal with 13k contracts trading the opening 30mins as shares are little changed near 42.35. Largest block was a purchase of 6000 Jan 33 puts for 28c on the ISE, followed 14mins later by another 3700 for the same price. ISE data shows the trade is closing for a firm account.

Trade Alerts - $BP Alert | Futures Chat Room | Options Chat | Options Education | Futures Education

BP down 1.8% and still falling, posted the above Tuesday OCT 2, 2012, 3:40PM

Does this mean your signal predicted sudden FTSE drop at 8.54? If so well done.

Ian

thanks for your post.

not sure about the sudden drop, signal identifies weakness/strength

think weakness in ftse is to do with BP and BLT, down heavy

yesterday I said FTSE was 100% bullish, lets see how they close it today, would guess a small up close, but with BP/BLT so weak might struggle,

Extremely flat across the board.........
Anyone with any inkling or Chinese Whispers re Non Farm Payrolls tomorrow ??

I closed out my Cac Short earlier in small profit, but still hold an offside Ftse Short and don't like holding anything when those figures are released......

Still offside around 43 Points at @4 at the moment...

Extremely flat across the board.........
Anyone with any inkling or Chinese Whispers re Non Farm Payrolls tomorrow ??

I closed out my Cac Short earlier in small profit, but still hold an offside Ftse Short and don't like holding anything when those figures are released......

Still offside around 43 Points at @4 at the moment...

jungerns BP has been down 2% today still lower by 1.6%

A bit of a hindsight trade this but I went long on FTSE at 5808 shortly before your above post. Last trade for today as if I overtrade it always leads to disaster.

Ian

thanks for contributing,

you do some nice entrys and exits.

I said that FTSE100 was 100% bullish for Thursday (today) FTSE saw BP fall 2% and BLT fall more than 2.2% yet it is able to bounce back, exhibiting strength I identified on the close yesterday. The SP500 is 81% bullish this means we get strong rebound from any weakness and leads normally to solid but modest up closes. The markets are being run by the Obama re-election committee.

IG should create trendlines which trigger an alert when hit, i have to manually create alerts every hour. when i could just move the trendline much easier.

thanks for your post.

not sure about the sudden drop, signal identifies weakness/strength

think weakness in ftse is to do with BP and BLT, down heavy

yesterday I said FTSE was 100% bullish, lets see how they close it today, would guess a small up close, but with BP/BLT so weak might struggle,

This could be the reason for the weakness in BLT, was also weak in AUS.
BHP have been known to buy companies at very high price and get it wrong.

Add
Forgot BHP have a lot of rigs in the gulf and last nights drop in oil

BHP talking to Petrobras about Gulf oil stake

Last edited:
This could be the reason for the weakness in BLT, was also weak in AUS.
BHP have been known to buy companies at very high price and get it wrong.

Add
Forgot BHP have a lot of rigs in the gulf and last nights drop in oil

BHP talking to Petrobras about Gulf oil stake

its a rare day when BLT is down more than RIO. BP weakness i posted about strange options activity in BP on the 2 oct tuesday.

IG should create trendlines which trigger an alert when hit, i have to manually create alerts every hour. when i could just move the trendline much easier.

My ftse long stop got hit for 15 points profit. But 35 points for day will do.

Ian