Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning All

BHP -1.75%
RIO -0.54%
Dow futures up since the close in New York, have pushed DAX and FTSE furtures up.
Asian markets up, but majors shares down.
Hong Kong and ASX look like they need a pull back if they want to go higher.
Better support for AUD today and EUR been going higher all day.
Currently short DAX @7350, 7360 and 7370, looking for 7340 or below, stop @7385

Good Morning all.........
Still carrying 2 shorts of Monday on Cac and Ftse which are offside in particular the FTSE. Really want to offload this one prior to Non Farm Payroll on Friday.......

SD believes (I think) FTSE is 100% Bullish today so may be obliged to take a loss though have had an excellent run overall.

good morning bustech and jungerns

SP500 dec implies FTSE100 at 5862 23 pts above where the mid price currently is

Morning all

Todays inflection points:

12:00 GMT UK Official Bank Rate

13:30 GMT EU ECB Press Conference

13:30 GMT US Unemployment Claims: exp 371K

19:00 GMT US FOMC Meeting Minutes

FTSE has seemed to have bounced off 5840 a few times this week so gone short, a little too soon at 5833. Will have to cover before interest rare decisions.

Ian

FTSE has seemed to have bounced off 5840 a few times this week so gone short, a little too soon at 5833. Will have to cover before interest rare decisions.

Ian

ianhey we are 33 days away from us presidential election, I would guess the warfare/welfare state wants to keep Obama in office.they will do anything to keep the markets going up,

ftse uncertain atm - opened a bit weak (-7) vs dow and is currently exaggerating moves in both directions

ianhey we are 33 days away from us presidential election, I would guess the warfare/welfare state wants to keep Obama in office.they will do anything to keep the markets going up,

Sudden death

Thanks for that. I may have been looking too much at charts and not enough at the bigger picture. I have had a good week (on the long side!!) so will not let this short get too far away.

Ian

Sudden death

Thanks for that. I may have been looking too much at charts and not enough at the bigger picture. I have had a good week (on the long side!!) so will not let this short get too far away.

Ian

it must be a coincidence that Dow hit a 5 year high and Nasdaq a 12 year high in the 6 weeks before the US election. they want the brokerage statements that are posted to the voters before the election to show strong portfolios values. A lot of articles have been written about the 4 year presidential cycle in the stock market

SP500 futures dec, are trying to break resistance 1452.42 (5866 FTSE equivalent will recalibrate after 90mins of trading)

I have closed my short for a lucky 20 point profit, minimum stake on IG. A better srategy until the election may be to go long on weakness.

Ian

they used to have a "down tick" rule, ie you could only short sell on an uptick, ie traders were prevented from shorting on a down tick. traders can still use the discipline of a downtick by only shorting a down candle on some time frame they choose, 5mins/3mins/10/mins, ie in a strong market wait for a down candle on say 3min chart and sell it. Its a shame uk spreadbetting companies do not institute some similiar rule to help traders