Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning all..........

Two trades still open as of yesterday CAC Shorted from an average of 3385 and FTSE Shorted from average of 5761 so both offside at time of posting......

Morning all..........

Two trades still open as of yesterday CAC Shorted from an average of 3385 and FTSE Shorted from average of 5761 so both offside at time of posting......

Morning jungerns

Can't you sleep.
Markets finding it hard going to go higher over this part of the world.

Morning jungerns

Can't you sleep.
Markets finding it hard going to go higher over this part of the world.

I crashed out after the Dow closed so had about 6 hours which is norm for me.
Just been reviewing Twitter feeds Bloomberg etc here.....

Just noticed that at time of this post there was one member viewing and 36 Guests...!!

Last edited:
morning jungerns, bustech and samirs

will be watching the sp500 dec futures for ftse direction, they work great

Last edited:
morning htw

I figured out where the FTSE100 high 5843 came from, it is fib level on sp500 dec futures

Strong September Tax Withholding Bodes Well for Jobs

September withholding taxes rose 4.5% in real terms versus September 2011. That suggests that a positive surprise may be coming in the release of the non-farm payrolls on Friday October 5.

This chart compares current withholding tax collections with last year on the corresponding date. This year has consistently been running ahead of last year in nominal terms, with the gap widening in September. September receipts were up 6.3% over September 2011 in nominal terms.

Strong September Tax Withholding Bodes Well for Jobs | Global Economic Intersection

The view from Pickard

EUROPEAN OUTLOOK

The Purchasing Managers’ Index data from Europe and the UK yesterday underlined the ongoing economic weakness of the region. The big question is which will have the biggest effect in the near term: the major liquidity operations of the leading central banks or economic fundamentals? There is a growing body of opinion that the lack of economic growth will trump the positive effects of the central banks’ intervention. My view, however, is that the latter will hold sway for now. I am betting on the rally in risky assets to resume in style in the fourth quarter.

Trading in the DAX and FTSE was deceptive yesterday. Both indices surged, only to give back a goodly portion of their intraday gains. I remain bullish on the prospects for a more sustained revival in both markets, however.

Click here for analysis of some leading equity indices.

strange coincidence as we go into the US presidential election in 35 days , that indices have hit 5 year highs for dow and 12 year highs for nasdaq?

ftse was -25 net weak vs dow yesterday. After strength in the morning session it was weak all afternoon and that accelerated after the 3pm news.

It's caught up only +5 strong this morning so far, so more to go. Prob keen to go up, but whether it does will depend on dow.

For FTSE100 the sp500 dec futures leads the way

SP dec futures triggered hourly buy signal at 8.23am

Where's ole et again this morning............??
His followers are deserting in droves. Only 10 guests viewing............

Where's ole et again this morning............??
His followers are deserting in droves. Only 10 guests viewing............

think tuk and nancy have them captive?

ftse approaching days highs, those sp500 dec fut signals killing it

fresh highs now