Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The DAX is a performance index which means that dividends to not get taken out of the price in the same manner as the other Indices. This means that all dividends and other cash events paid out to shareholders are included in the index price. When measuring the performance over a given time period, the performance-based index will add in any dividend amounts to the net share price before calculating the index return.

Most months it is very weak on the last trading day of the month.
If it can close below 7200, should lead us to 7,000 and lower.

so are you bearish DAX? I am starting to build short positions there now.

interesting article...trading is indeed more psychology than any other analysis...any beginner should take some mind control techniques related courses before spending 1000s of hours on indicators and patterns
The Perils of Revenge Trading

so are you bearish DAX? I am starting to build short positions there now.

interesting article...trading is indeed more psychology than any other analysis...any beginner should take some mind control techniques related courses before spending 1000s of hours on indicators and patterns
The Perils of Revenge Trading

Still more comfortable buying the dips on a daily trade basis on all index markets I trade.
Your DAX shorts should be good on a slighly longer time frame(1 week or more).
Once the DAX does give it will be a nice 400 or 500 point move in a week.
Funny how things can change we are all saying the market can't go any higher at the moment, but in a month we might be saying the market can't go any lower.

The DAX is a performance index which means that dividends to not get taken out of the price in the same manner as the other Indices. This means that all dividends and other cash events paid out to shareholders are included in the index price. When measuring the performance over a given time period, the performance-based index will add in any dividend amounts to the net share price before calculating the index return.

Most months it is very weak on the last trading day of the month.
If it can close below 7200, should lead us to 7,000 and lower.

Thanks Bustech for the info, I didn't know.

This explains the relative strength.

Morning All
BHP -0.75%
RIO -1.80%
Asian markets slightly down. reuters headline tell the story from Asia and no real lead for the FTSE.
Asian shares lackluster as growth worries weigh | Reuters

Just noticed that ASX and Hong Kong(can be a market leader) have started to breakdown in the last couple of days.
And my bias is now to the short side on the ASX, first time in last 10 trading days.

Morning All
BHP -0.75%
RIO -1.80%
Asian markets slightly down. reuters headline tell the story from Asia and no real lead for the FTSE.
Asian shares lackluster as growth worries weigh | Reuters

Just noticed that ASX and Hong Kong(can be a market leader) have started to breakdown in the last couple of days.
And my bias is now to the short side on the ASX, first time in last 10 trading days.

Gmorning Bushtech.........

Morning all...........Am Short from Ftse at 5842 from last night. Prefably would like to offload prior to dividend reverse for Short positions today as fairly large position.

Gmorning Bushtech.........

Morning all...........Am Short from Ftse at 5842 from last night. Prefably would like to offload prior to dividend reverse for Short positions today as fairly large position.

Morning jungerns

div is only forecast for 1.7

Morning Bustech and Jungerns

FTSE support 5812

from ES`Z 5829 (breeched twice but es closed back above that level)

isnt the dividend issue a zero sum? dividend is paid out the stock fall by the amount of the dividend so in theory there is no "payout"

isnt the dividend issue a zero sum? dividend is paid out the stock fall by the amount of the dividend so in theory there is no "payout"

Supposedly SD and perhaps someone will come back with "proof" but the answer is No as far as I'm concerned................
Have read numerous times of what you say but doesn't stack up........

Guy the other week here posted he had been clocked £126 for a @5 Short position and there was no movement in the Price of the Index. (reason I had been asking earlier of Dividend reverse today)

Tin hat on........:cheesy:

Last edited:
Supposedly SD and perhaps someone will come back with "proof" but the answer is No as far as I'm concerned................
Have read numerous times of what you say but doesn't stack up........

Tin hat on........:cheesy:

fair enough. its probably a tax effect

Morning all

Todays inflection points:

14:00 GMT US S&P/CS Composite-20 HPI y/y: exp 1.3%

15:00 GMT US CB Consumer Confidence: exp 63.1

View from The Trader

EUROPEAN OUTLOOK

The FTSE would give a repeat buy-signal on its swing-chart today on a move above yesterday’s highs at 5852.5. Frankly, though, I would not be surprised if its recent sell-off went a bit further first. The entire pattern of its rally since its major lows around 1 June has been fairly choppy, with big downswings separating each leg up. Once the uptrend does resume, however, I would be looking for a move of perhaps 5 per cent of so.

For now, the DAX continues to look more appealing than the FTSE to me. It held up better yesterday and I would expect its leadership to continue once the indices begin to rally across the board once more. The current weakness is just a temporary blip in my view and the bears remain on a hiding to nothing.

Attachments

• FTSE_Cover--450x270.JPG
    FTSE_Cover--450x270.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 106
View from The Trader

EUROPEAN OUTLOOK

The FTSE would give a repeat buy-signal on its swing-chart today on a move above yesterday’s highs at 5852.5. Frankly, though, I would not be surprised if its recent sell-off went a bit further first. The entire pattern of its rally since its major lows around 1 June has been fairly choppy, with big downswings separating each leg up. Once the uptrend does resume, however, I would be looking for a move of perhaps 5 per cent of so.

For now, the DAX continues to look more appealing than the FTSE to me. It held up better yesterday and I would expect its leadership to continue once the indices begin to rally across the board once more. The current weakness is just a temporary blip in my view and the bears remain on a hiding to nothing.

i hope they weren't havin a teddy bears picnic on friday:)

Attachments

• bear.jpeg
    bear.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 371