Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I think the bottom may be in at 5778 but for that I'm relying on an interpretation of just one chart - the weekly chart.

I still feel we should at least break the 4hr bearish channel (top to bearish candle 19/09/12), and maybe we pullback to retest the channel from c5869.

This happened but the price went to 5860. The 1 hour chart now shows an IHS emerging out of the bearish channel. These formations are never confirmed until the neckline breaks, and you only need to look at 18/09/12 for an example where an IHS faked.

I think there is a good chance to reach 5869 but it wouldn't surprise me if we went down from there or got stuck in a range.

If the right shoulder is like the left, we could be in for 30 point ranged day

think we sit in a 15 pt range until US opens,

5mins to UK mortgage data.

trading pivots in narrow range is tough. might try them on dax, more points

isnt the dividend issue a zero sum? dividend is paid out the stock fall by the amount of the dividend so in theory there is no "payout"

Morning SD

Is can and can not be a zero sum game.
It can effect index price on the lead up days and the day itself.
Divs are very powerful trading tool for indices.

Attachments

• Bus strike.png
    Bus strike.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 81
Morning SD

Is can and can not be a zero sum game.
It can effect index price on the lead up days and the day itself.
Divs are very powerful trading tool for indices.

its the theory hear about, market does not offer "free money" i suppose the tax effect might make shorting unprofitable

its the theory hear about, market does not offer "free money" i suppose the tax effect might make shorting unprofitable

In a weak or trending lower market, you can short a bank stock at the close.
Pay the div and the price will drop more than the div payout at the next open.
No good in the current market.