Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

As I'm currently trading futures I'm staying up tonight. Hoping for a bit of a sell off early hours (uk).

Plenty of tea and biscuits at the ready and a couple of cheap DVDs from Asda (y)

Does anyone know where Soloquan is. I notice on his info page he hasn't been around since 17th August. Since the post above the Ftse 100 was trading around 5850 and since gone up to 5877 then reversed to 5723 as I type. I know he was either trading or looking into trading some kind of system that involved ftse and dow or something. I was wondering how he was getting on with it.

Attachments

• wheres soloquan 30-8-12.JPG
    wheres soloquan 30-8-12.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 105
you could try the thread "barjon's money machine" under indices but don't think soloquan has posted in some time

you could try the thread "barjon's money machine" under indices but don't think soloquan has posted in some time

I just took a peek at the thread but it seems it turned into some kind of personal flame war as usual. This thread however seems to be free from all that and I have noticed as well how welcoming and patient the people on this thread are. Long may it continue.

No Flaming
No jealousy
No snide remarks

All in all a very decent place to be.

I just took a peek at the thread but it seems it turned into some kind of personal flame war as usual. This thread however seems to be free from all that and I have noticed as well how welcoming and patient the people on this thread are. Long may it continue.

No Flaming
No jealousy
No snide remarks

All in all a very decent place to be.

:) aye, luvly innit - unfailing good company all the time.

you think it'll go down that far? is that cash?

It's called UK 100. Not sure I know the difference.

I think it will find support lower but I wouldn't rule out a decent pullback first. The green arrow was a guess rather than a prediction.

If you're feeling brave then Ftse Dax and Cac are all screaming buy at me currently.....!

6904 Dax...
5727 FTSE...
3389 Cac...

Only my opinion !!

Out at......
6918 Dax
5731 FTSE
3390 Cac

Few points there for the taking......(y)

Edited in....And retracting again.

Does anyone know where Soloquan is. I notice on his info page he hasn't been around since 17th August. Since the post above the Ftse 100 was trading around 5850 and since gone up to 5877 then reversed to 5723 as I type. I know he was either trading or looking into trading some kind of system that involved ftse and dow or something. I was wondering how he was getting on with it.

Have not seen Solo for a while, some people come and go for different periods of time.
Gave him info on how to compare FTSE v DOW on the IG system, maybe working on that.
Did just notice benefit fraud on his homepage.
Your DAX trades would be going nice after the last 24 hours.

Out at......
6918 Dax
5731 FTSE
3390 Cac

Few points there for the taking......(y)

Edited in....And retracting again.

I usually wait for the US markets to close this gives a safe entry to trade European markets. we have the added upside of huge buy stops to go along with any surprise from jackson hole

Just listening to a floor trader (Phil Flyn) from Chiago on Aussie business TV
He reckons and I agree that todays sell off his sell before the event.
And offers good buying.
And today was the market saying Ben look at us.

Looking to build longs in the ASX for a day trade today, will be out before the close.

SDs buy stops could be a good play for the FED meeting.

I aslo think the ECB meeting next week will be more important for the markets

bustech - will the ASX futures not rise in the US morning / noon as JH event nears.

ASX furtues will follow FTSE and DOW lead.
ASX pays a big div at the close today, so might underperform the other markets after the close.

how is ASX playing up

some more stories floating about no QE...it seems market is waiting for next week ECB talk than JH tomorrow

Fed Won't Ease Now or in September: Feldstein - CNBC

Forecat to open at 4296 down 0.5%

ASX had a good month, but did break 4340 level yesterday.
Good support at 4270, but after that a long way down.
Big resistance just above 4400.
China market and commodity prices are the concern going forward.
Aussie dollar should be around 90 cents based on commodity and miner prices.
Hard to work out, maybe DOW and S&P holding it up.

ASX postive in first 5 mins(4322), could be the lead for the FTSE.
Have just gone long FTSE at 5714, leave for the open now.

thanks...i think DAX will also follow the suit

have you gone FTSE futures long or is that cash equivalent on spreadbet

Good question.
Think its FTSE futures with IG, same as the cash price when the market opens.

morning Bustech

morning all

US markets are very bearish, but I think they should do a technical rebound and + what jackson hole brings good or bad

Last edited: