Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I should correct these figures to reflect actual cash since the ftse position is always twice the dow position. So at £2 ftse and £1 dow it would be:

-£12 ftse and + £1 dow = -£11 net

At 10:00am on the same basis with 5729 (-8) 13005 (+9):

-£16 ftse and + £9 dow = -£7 net

Barjon could that be faded into? so reduce the spread basis?

how do you mean, sd?

instead of hitting buy sell leave orders above the place to go long and below the place to go short

if that makes any sense

or go long FTSE and place an order to short below dow say 5pts

or leave order to go long ftse at spot +4
and an order to short dow spot minus 8

market goes up u are long ftse with a un worked order on dow which u could cancel or move up behind where do followed. or take profits on ftse and cancel the dow sell stop

oh, see what you mean - sort of add a directional trade on one side - could do I suppose but you'd need to get it right :LOL:

the imprtance of FTSE 5720 is that if u look at Dow daily check the 13078 level, thats a big number and area of supply/

13078 = 5720 (2.286 ratio)

looks like FTSE wants 5755 current high 5735 @ 10:37

or could be famous last words

1 hour 22misn to boe, someone on bloom said 85% they will do something "extra"

Last edited:
Hark what is that I see

why its that rather rotund lady and I do believe she is singing "have a nice day yall"

I'm totally confused here Barjon. According to the charts I should be, like you say, short ftse long dow. But looking individually at the charts and with all the economic data out this morning I want to be long ftse and short dow.

:LOL: Think this is a signal to stay out today!

No it isn't. It's a signal to be long! :D

Everything that I have is pointing to up, today. The 30M has three green bars and is into new highs over a month.

No shopping this morning, mate.

I go back to my old belief, though. You can't tell from one hour to the next in this business.

Hope you are right. I'm up 20 and am thinking of the lunch period, ---boredom until spikes and all that stuff come along.

I expect that I will end up being sorry for holding.

12pm we get BoE bloom said 85% something will happen then we got big data in US

I should correct these figures to reflect actual cash since the ftse position is always twice the dow position. So at £2 ftse and £1 dow it would be:

-£12 ftse and + £1 dow = -£11 net

At 10:00am on the same basis with 5729 (-8) 13005 (+9):

-£16 ftse and + £9 dow = -£7 net

At 11:00am 5748 (-27) 13033 (+ 37):

-£54 ftse and +£37 dow = -£17 net

No it isn't. It's a signal to be long! :D

Everything that I have is pointing to up, today. The 30M has three green bars and is into new highs over a month.

No shopping this morning, mate.

I go back to my old belief, though. You can't tell from one hour to the next in this business.

I've taken the spread trade and gone short/long against what I perceived to be a directional trade this morning. This is the very reason I want to move away from directional trading so I don't have to go shopping anymore, I can't afford it :LOL: