Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

mornin' all

ftse hugely strong yesterday vs dow +90 which has gone to +110 this morning.

I'm short big time from 5721 and will dow hedge if it goes to 5725. Not convinced ftse will go down but I reckon it must re-balance a bit against dow today.

FTSE is above its 61.8% retracemt of the past 5 months

5695 is point of control, bullish above bearish below

yeah, ftse sure is strong but it's moved miles away from dow from Tuesday ftse close when they stood at ftse 5635 dow 13066. Since then ftse up nearly 100 as we speak but dow is down 40.

yeah, ftse sure is strong but it's moved miles away from dow from Tuesday ftse close when they stood at ftse 5635 dow 13066. Since then ftse up nearly 100 as we speak but dow is down 40.

Barjon recent UK data has been abysmal, today we get BoE rate decision, wonder if market front runs possible action, they must act now,

FTSE/Dow movement partially explained by big drop in BP 4.4% and HSBC bad news from US.

I have a ratio of Dow/ftse in excel I can post the chart if u want

I'm pretty sure with the ECB rate decision and UK rate decision come 2pm we will be looking at a very different picture.

Morning!

mornin' all

ftse hugely strong yesterday vs dow +90 which has gone to +110 this morning.

I'm short big time from 5721 and will dow hedge if it goes to 5725. Not convinced ftse will go down but I reckon it must re-balance a bit against dow today.

I'm totally confused here Barjon. According to the charts I should be, like you say, short ftse long dow. But looking individually at the charts and with all the economic data out this morning I want to be long ftse and short dow.

:LOL: Think this is a signal to stay out today!

No?

Perhaps dow a little more flat than down.

Attachments

• poss.png
    poss.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I'm totally confused here Barjon. According to the charts I should be, like you say, short ftse long dow. But looking individually at the charts and with all the economic data out this morning I want to be long ftse and short dow.

:LOL: Think this is a signal to stay out today!

well, we've got to a huge extreme which suggests ftse is going to trade weak against the dow today (it hasn't yet and still getting stronger) so the correct pair play is short ftse/long dow. Doesn't mean ftse will go down, of course, since it'll trade weak if it rises more slowly than dow.

If your charts are telling you long then maybe enter a dow long first and cover it with ftse short if it goes belly up.