Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

well, we've got to a huge extreme which suggests ftse is going to trade weak against the dow today (it hasn't yet and still getting stronger) so the correct pair play is short ftse/long dow. Doesn't mean ftse will go down, of course, since it'll trade weak if it rises more slowly than dow.

If your charts are telling you long then maybe enter a dow long first and cover it with ftse short if it goes belly up.

Guess I'm trying to pre-empt market direction which goes against the grain of spread trading pairs.

Yep see what you're saying.

At 9am ftse 5727 offered and dow 12997 bid

so, currently i'm net -5 (-6 on ftse and +1 on dow)

tell me some good news about the dow, sd, that'd do the trick too :LOL:

as long as Dow remains below 13,011 u are ok, FTSE feels like the morning strength has been sold into. I would turn bearish on ftse below 5695/97

13,011 = 5691

i have a sense trades want to own the FTSE in case of some remarks/actions by BoE

as long as Dow remains below 13,011 u are ok, FTSE feels like the morning strength has been sold into. I would turn bearish on ftse below 5695/97

13,011 = 5691

i have a sense trades want to own the FTSE in case of some remarks/actions by BoE

Yep this is exactly why I want to be holding ftse. Perhaps I should trade what I see and not what I think.

Ftse @ 5727, isn't there a double top around 5720 mark on a daily T/F?

I'm not being lazy I'm looking at a futures chart and need to log back into IG to see a daily index chart.

12.00 for BoE Rates
12.45 for ECB Rates

thx - I'll ignore it. One thing about this pair stuff is that you don't have to worry too much about the news. If it causes a major move it's reflected in both.

thx - I'll ignore it. One thing about this pair stuff is that you don't have to worry too much about the news. If it causes a major move it's reflected in both.

I guess if anything with spread trading pairs the news is quite welcome. Shakes things up a bit and causes extremes which are good entry/exit points.

At 9am ftse 5727 offered and dow 12997 bid

so, currently i'm net -5 (-6 on ftse and +1 on dow)

I should correct these figures to reflect actual cash since the ftse position is always twice the dow position. So at £2 ftse and £1 dow it would be:

-£12 ftse and + £1 dow = -£11 net

At 10:00am on the same basis with 5729 (-8) 13005 (+9):

-£16 ftse and + £9 dow = -£7 net