Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

thats too advanced for me. the way i would look at it is like this.

FTSE100 5637 = dow being down 87pts. so therefore. should the dow close on monday down 100pts i will lose about (100-87)/2.25 = 6 ftse pts. but if the dow closes +80. thats a dow move 167 (-87 to +80) /2.25= 74 ftse pts

so using ftse I have downside of 6pts potential upside of 74pts. yep the ftse could be slow on the upside. i may only get 55pts

It's pretty simple, sd:

Friday close: ftse 5663 dow 12723
Open: 5666 +3 12732 +9 - ftse slightly weak (should be +4.5)
8:15: 5667 +1 12749 +17 - ftse more weak (should be +8.5)
9:00: 5638 -29 12722 -27 - ftse very weak (should be -13.5)

So, if you'd gone short on the open £2 ftse and £1 dow then by 9:00 you would be +£56 (5666 - 5638 = 28 x £2) on the ftse bet but only + £10 (12732 - 12722 = 10 x £1) on the dow bet.

Conversely, if you'd gone long then you'd be losing £56 on the ftse bet but only £10 on the dow bet.

Had you done it as a pair - short ftse/long dow then you'd be +£46 by 9am (+£56 ftse and -£10 dow) or -£46 if you'd gone long ftse/short dow.

(all excluding spread, of course)

It's pretty simple, sd:

Friday close: ftse 5663 dow 12723
Open: 5666 +3 12732 +9 - ftse slightly weak (should be +4.5)
8:15: 5667 +1 12749 +17 - ftse more weak (should be +8.5)
9:00: 5638 -29 12722 -27 - ftse very weak (should be -13.5)

So, if you'd gone short on the open £2 ftse and £1 dow then by 9:00 you would be +£56 (5666 - 5638 = 28 x £2) on the ftse bet but only + £10 (12732 - 12722 = 10 x £1) on the dow bet.

Conversely, if you'd gone long then you'd be losing £56 on the ftse bet but only £10 on the dow bet.

Had you done it as a pair - short ftse/long dow then you'd be +£46 by 9am (+£56 ftse and -£10 dow) or -£46 if you'd gone long ftse/short dow.

(all excluding spread, of course)

barjon, the pairs trading is best way to go. but its hard to find a chart to check levels on.on daily i keep levels of ftsedow ratio on intraday i do not know the extremes

barjon, the pairs trading is best way to go. but its hard to find a chart to check levels on.on daily i keep levels of ftsedow ratio on intraday i do not know the extremes

Aye, I think someone (reksa?) came up with a ftse/dow relativity chart (from IG?) on the thread some time ago which looked interesting. I just log the figures every hour and work from that.

Judging the "extreme" is the tricky bit because it's volatile. Sometimes as low as 20 will be ok, sometimes you're up a t 50 or more. Friday was all one traffic and we got to +70 strong which made today a good bet for weakness and short ftse/long dow.

Aye, I think someone (reksa?) came up with a ftse/dow relativity chart (from IG?) on the thread some time ago which looked interesting. I just log the figures every hour and work from that.

Judging the "extreme" is the tricky bit because it's volatile. Sometimes as low as 20 will be ok, sometimes you're up a t 50 or more. Friday was all one traffic and we got to +70 strong which made today a good bet for weakness and short ftse/long dow.

yep i saw reksa's chart. very usefull.

when i log the ftse dow i use the 1 min chart and a 50 ma, this gives me essentially 50 "observations" this cuts out the noise.

how come my sell trigger 5651 works well when i am not looking?

Morning guys , interesting conversation. I used to do the exact same calculations a few years ago but expressed them as a percentage difference as " 70 strong " would have a different meaning when the dow was 6500 as opposed to when it was 14,500 but anyway I digress slighlty. I just used to trade the 1 instrument when there was a decent extreme reading looking for it to revert to the mean rather than the pair. You weren't trained by Joe Ross were you Barjon ? :LOL:

klw trained by Joe Ross, the "Ross hook" ??

No SD but I did read a lot of his releases ( trying to entice customers ) and in fairness did learn from them, the Ross hook was a decent entry system at the time,not sure about now as I don't use it.

No SD but I did read a lot of his releases ( trying to entice customers ) and in fairness did learn from them, the Ross hook was a decent entry system at the time,not sure about now as I don't use it.

cool.

I tried to start a thread on t2w, it was about interviews with the dukascopy fx trader of the month. pretty good how they analysed the fx market.

think it got taken down might be too much advertising for dukascopy

@DorganG
2 Swiss referendum initiatives:that #SNB must hold at least 20% of assets in gold & introduction of a gold-backed #CHF