Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning All
BHP -2.10%
RIO -2.10%
20 to go
Asian markets all down in region of 1 to 1.5%
China’s inflation eased to a 29-month low .
Aussie dollar under pressure.
Concerns for Fridays GDP read, but market also awaiting US corportae reporting.

this appears to be playing out, RIO/BLT both down about 0.8%

presumably out now, sd? was the trade on the basis of your "dow technical rebound" thoughts?

yep Barjon. any weakness in dow will get reversed sharply, i dow opens down straight away it is free gift for all the shorts. so they will run the market up into them.

RIO/BLT now both down 1% hmmm on their way to trace the aus session of worse than 2% lower?

yep Barjon. any weakness in dow will get reversed sharply, i dow opens down straight away it is free gift for all the shorts. so they will run the market up into them.

RIO/BLT now both down 1% hmmm on their way to trace the aus session of worse than 2% lower?

Sorry SD don't quite get that.... if the dow opens down what will happen?

ok, so here's a thought.

If you are seeing ftse trading weak vs dow then, if you're thinking of playing a market rise, you might be better to go long on dow rather than ftse since you will be expecting the dow rise (if it came) to outpace ftse and you'd therefore get more bang for your buck. Conversely if you were thinking short you'd do it on ftse for the same reason.

Good timing....

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 148
AUD/USD still under pressure in UK and Europe.
FTSE could start to be draged further down with it.

ok, so here's a thought.

If you are seeing ftse trading weak vs dow then, if you're thinking of playing a market rise, you might be better to go long on dow rather than ftse since you will be expecting the dow rise (if it came) to outpace ftse and you'd therefore get more bang for your buck. Conversely if you were thinking short you'd do it on ftse for the same reason.

thats too advanced for me. the way i would look at it is like this.

FTSE100 5637 = dow being down 87pts. so therefore. should the dow close on monday down 100pts i will lose about (100-87)/2.25 = 6 ftse pts. but if the dow closes +80. thats a dow move 167 (-87 to +80) /2.25= 74 ftse pts

so using ftse I have downside of 6pts potential upside of 74pts. yep the ftse could be slow on the upside. i may only get 55pts

thats too advanced for me. the way i would look at it is like this.

FTSE100 5637 = dow being down 87pts. so therefore. should the dow close on monday down 100pts i will lose about (100-87)/2.25 = 6 ftse pts. but if the dow closes +80. thats a dow move 167 (-87 to +80) /2.25= 74 ftse pts

so using ftse I have downside of 6pts potential upside of 74pts. yep the ftse could be slow on the upside. i may only get 55pts

Can you tell me how ftse=5637=dow -87 please?