Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Coronavirus cause and effect - yes it is similar to very bad flu ( can mutate like all virus though). People cark it from both usually pneumonia, Add in words like “deadly” in the media... Add in China lock down etc etc plus exponential rate projection + ignorance = fear. In Australia you think it was the Black Death the way they are carting people off to Christmas Island for quarantine, this merely fans the flames.

However second and third order consequence is the impact on trade, travel and tourism and education all of which Aus is heavily exposed....

Kagi35 DOW 07-02-2020.JPG

That was little???

Anyways, for even more perspective, look up the Spanish Flu of 1918c which killed 20+ million and infected hundreds of millions. Now that was a pandemic.
You nailed it...
Spanish flu: they didn't know where it came from, didn't know how it spread and had no cure for it
Coronavirus: they didn't know where it came from, didn't know how it spread and had no cure for it
If you were in the vicinity of anyone that could have it, what would you do? Stick around because you presume it is just the flu or run for your life thinking it might be the start of the equivalent of the Spanish Flu?

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing but you can't apply it yet... there is still no cure and no one yet knows how many are infected as it takes 2 weeks to incubate.

As far as markets are concerned, over 500 factories that are part of the supply chain are in the epicentre of the virus and remain closed. It is careless for market participants to think this is insignificant both to jobs and earnings in America or the UK for that matter... Let's not forget that planes & ships originating in China are not allowed to enter US territory, for how long? who knows, so even if production restarted, how long before the part/supplies can land?

Last edited:
I don't want to take up too much space on ppls screens with my charts, so I'll just post thumbnails and if ppl are interested they can click to enlarge...

A bit of S&R housekeeping before the open...

View attachment 274270
I' m not much enamoured wit yr take here. Though I'm not in the Dow in any way, it seems to me that your support zone is off somewhat. I'm of course aware that p&f and Kagi don't see things in exactly the same way but using almost the same look-back gives rather a different picture:

DOW_200207_15h15_10x3.png

Perhaps Dentist would care to comment?

EDIT: Just seen that in his own way, he did:)

I' m not much enamoured wit yr take here. Though I'm not in the Dow in any way, it seems to me that your support zone is off somewhat. I'm of course aware that p&f and Kagi don't see things in exactly the same way but using almost the same look-back gives rather a different picture:

View attachment 274272

Perhaps Dentist would care to comment?

EDIT: Just seen that in his own way, he did:)
My support area was between Yesterday's Low and the overnight low what's wrong with that?

Now, that Detective, is a call:p

PS: soooo, the Corona virus fake news fall-out (!) isn't an immediate worry then?
Well the Coronavirus story is sucking in shorts which is exactly what it needs to catapult over the big number.

Cheers.

cv3.jpg