Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

darktone, your original question was not missed, I didn't bother to reply under the environment of that time. also, your posts don't seem to have a reply button. Risk profile? my own, just like everything I do... unconventional. I don't use stops so I hedge, I keep permanent hedges to cover ½ my open positions i.e. $100 down equates to -$50 on the account, I then keep sufficient funds in the account to withstand 1,000 pt average drop but within that 1,000 pts I have limit orders for additional hedges, in practice my account will reach equilibrium after 600 to 700pt drop, theoretically markets could reach zero with no further effect on the account balance, although, depending on the nature of the crash, I may well add to the positions as they go down. I have developed algoes to do the calculations as to how best handle the positions and their hedges after markets have stabilized. I may marry the hedges and cop the loss or take profits on both the hedges and the positions. During BREXIT and TRUMP I kept all my originals longs and made over $300k on the hedges for brexit and $100k on Trump.

Yes, but an S&P futures contract, for example, increases or decreases by $250 for every point moved. E-mini contract is a tenth of that.

Even a micro lot in forex is 1000

So what contracts can you trade that move at $1 for every point moved.

my mistake. lot set to produce $1/pt. dax lot size is EU18,300, mib EU30,900, S&P US3,100, NDAQ US$7,500, etc. I normally set 50k to $100k bets i.e 12 lots NDAQ, 20 lots S&P, 3 lots dax, etc

darktone, your original question was not missed, I didn't bother to reply under the environment of that time. also, your posts don't seem to have a reply button. Risk profile? my own, just like everything I do... unconventional. I don't use stops so I hedge, I keep permanent hedges to cover ½ my open positions i.e. $100 down equates to -$50 on the account, I then keep sufficient funds in the account to withstand 1,000 pt average drop but within that 1,000 pts I have limit orders for additional hedges, in practice my account will reach equilibrium after 600 to 700pt drop, theoretically markets could reach zero with no further effect on the account balance, although, depending on the nature of the crash, I may well add to the positions as they go down. I have developed algoes to do the calculations as to how best handle the positions and their hedges after markets have stabilized. I may marry the hedges and cop the loss or take profits on both the hedges and the positions. During BREXIT and TRUMP I kept all my originals longs and made over $300k on the hedges for brexit and $100k on Trump.

What Im getting is, if youre caught in swiss style move liquidity can disappear in a blink, therell be no stops or hedging.

Take the two examples:-
Trader A) long a market at $100 with a $100 account for 1$ per point of exposure.
Trader B) long the same market at $100 with a $100 account for 5$ per point of exposure.

XYZ happens and the market goes $50 in a tick. Trader A, trading at 1x is drawn 50% with room to manoeuvre, Trader B at 5x is out the door on a stretcher still owing $150.

How hot do you trot? 1x, 5x, 63x?
It doesnt matter, to me at least if your acc is $100 or $1000,000,000. Its just a simple question of risk.

cfd's>any options broker in the U.S.
less margin more money per tick move.
CFD's are illegal in the U.S. so why not trade with globalprime or ig? Since you're an australian citizen....you've chosen to trade with a U.S. broker knowing full and well that you can make 100 times that with a cfd broker?
somethin dudn't aaad oop mate

........only that if you were pulling 66,000 points each month you wouldn't be bothering ranting on here. Nor would you give a toss about any knownothings as you marched on your way to become the richest trader in the world.
yes but this is the new caring and sharing way-all he wants is us to fund him-it makes a lot of sense when he is raking it in:rolleyes:
nst is also using a false location and is not australian.
he is a con man and david robertson imho-
HE WANTS YOUR MONEY THATS FOR SURE.
but its fun to watch the lulz-
when he was first confronted by me he stated that i was on ignore.
david robertson had the exact same m.o last time he was here and placed me on ignore.
the new angle is that we are all trading old style and there is now a new way to trade.
its just the same M.O coming from a different angle

Last edited:
What Im getting is, if youre caught in swiss style move liquidity can disappear in a blink, therell be no stops or hedging.

Trader A) long a market at $100 with a $100 account for 1$ per point of exposure.
Trader B) long the same market at $100 with a $100 account for 5$ per point of exposure.

XYZ happens and the market goes $50 in a tick. Trader A, trading at 1x is drawn 50% with room to manoeuvre, Trader B at 5x is out the door on a stretcher still owing $150.

It doesnt matter, to me at least if your acc is $100 or $1000,000,000. Its just a simple question of risk.

not sure what y'r getting at, if there's no liquidity might as well be thrown in the ocean in handcuffs... no risk strategy is going to save you, however, never had a liquidity problem with index CFDs, even during the Swiss saga nor even the May 2010 3,000pt dow swing in 20 minutes that brought $100 stocks to $0.10. I reiterate, each day I will set hedges to fix my account at neutral if there is a 600 to 700pt drop, the only risk I have beyond 700pts is if I enter new positions on the way down. This should clear Joseph query too

yes but this is the new caring and sharing way-all he wants is us to fund him-it makes a lot of sense when he is raking it in:rolleyes:
nst is also using a false location and is not australian.
he is a con man and david robertson imho-
HE WANTS YOUR MONEY THATS FOR SURE.
but its fun to watch the lulz-
when he was first confronted by me he stated that i was on ignore.
david robertson had the exact same m.o last time he was here and placed me on ignore.
the new angle is that we are all trading old style and there is now a new way to trade.
its just the same M.O coming from a different angle

Still at it old man? boy! do you have a wild and stubborn imagination! When exactly did I ask for your money? indeed, how I'm I going to get it? Why in the f*ck do I even want it since I earn in a month more than all you accumulated in a lifetime?

You better tell everybody what my con is so they don't fall for it. Go on, get on your white horse and go rescue everybody, expose my con I DARE YOU!

BE SPECIFIC, GIVE DETAILS OF YOUR ACCUSATIONS OR JUST SHUT_UP!

This is beyond entertainment, you're really starting to **** me off, I got better things to do than respond to senile old codgers that suffer from dementia but don't know it, repeats the same crap over and over, never being specific, never realizing that he's just repeating himself with aimless, incoherant rambling.... dementia for sure.

I'm out of here! Nice knowing the few sane bods, as for the crazies & bozos... hope you drown in your own bulls*it so as to improve the thread's quality

Last edited:
not sure what y'r getting at, if there's no liquidity might as well be thrown in the ocean in handcuffs... no risk strategy is going to save you, however, never had a liquidity problem with index CFDs, even during the Swiss saga nor even the May 2010 3,000pt dow swing in 20 minutes that brought $100 stocks to $0.10. I reiterate, each day I will set hedges to fix my account at neutral if there is a 600 to 700pt drop, the only risk I have beyond 700pts is if I enter new positions on the way down. This should clear Joseph query too

Providing its not end of days theres an option, to control your risk with size, ie lack of it. If you come at things planning to net out when youre hit with -600/700, well, you just might not get that chance if shf and some whale pukes it out -7000. For a heart beat or a week it wont matter much to your LPs when they liquidate you at -7000, in that moment or via email when the dusts settled. The only way avoid that at least in part is to respect size and trade at limit.

Anyways, I think were done. Cheers.

It's fundSEEDER but then you wouldn't know, only the likes of Jaime Diamond go there to pick-up talent for JPMorgan trading arm... way over your head! As for the rest, you got it back to front, idiots are the ones stuck in the horse & cart era of the 90's trading style.

Stop pretending that you are up to date and know it all because u know s*it about everything, least of all about me.

3 years and no one picked you, wow!

I love how many times you said you gonna stop posting here, if only I had a $1 for each time you will continue to say that I guess I won't need 66,000 points months.

Last time I checked Swiss style moves had no real monetary effect on demo accounts.

^i think u knocked him out bro
aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

Still at it old man? boy! do you have a wild and stubborn imagination! When exactly did I ask for your money? indeed, how I'm I going to get it? Why in the f*ck do I even want it since I earn in a month more than all you accumulated in a lifetime?

You better tell everybody what my con is so they don't fall for it. Go on, get on your white horse and go rescue everybody, expose my con I DARE YOU!

BE SPECIFIC, GIVE DETAILS OF YOUR ACCUSATIONS OR JUST SHUT_UP!

This is beyond entertainment, you're really starting to **** me off, I got better things to do than respond to senile old codgers that suffer from dementia but don't know it, repeats the same crap over and over, never being specific, never realizing that he's just repeating himself, dementia for sure.

I'm out of here! Nice knowing the few sane bods, as for the others... hope you drown in your own bulls*it
Goodbye mr ROBERTSON;)
catch you on your next Metamorphosis-
get some new lines though-very obvious:whistling
and remember he wants MONEY from the few sane bods-his obvious last desperate attempt

I'm looking at ONE trade this week.

Shorting the dow at the best price I can get today.

DOW printed 3 weekly candle dojis so far....

Getting ready to put my house on DOW...(well not literally) but shorts are being favourable.