Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Once you realise that little things like interest rate rises do not affect stock prices on a daily basis then some of the fog disappears.
When you work out what does move stock prices over a period of time then the rest of the fog disappears.
Then all you need to do is sort your head out!

Why the head part, because I've told someone else on this thread how to consistently trade the s&p for profit and still he does the opposite.

LOL - if you referring to me, it was yet another oversight on my part skipping the checklist.

If it's someone else, oh that's ok then :cheesy:

Once you realise that little things like interest rate rises do not affect stock prices on a daily basis then some of the fog disappears.
When you work out what does move stock prices over a period of time then the rest of the fog disappears.
Then all you need to do is sort your head out!

Why the head part, because I've told someone else on this thread how to consistently trade the s&p for profit and still he does the opposite.

am I being lectured? last lecture was from my high school maths teacher who I then slapped in the face who then dragged me by the collar to the principal's office who then... oh, wrong story.... interest rates, yes... insignificant, but it was the message the fed would have sent if no hike. dow is so overbought that any loss in confidence would have sent it down 500pts or more, that was my point and why I didn't want to trade till after Yellen spoke.

The immediate reaction was kneejerk then all back to where it was, longer term I think the hike will have an impact. The heaps of money on the sideline that misses the rally altogether was desperate to buy dips, with higher rates some of that retail money will go to CDs and stay there, I think the next dip will not be bought and will probably become a correction.

Wow, how many 'hot buttons' do you have? Theres a whole heap of new threads springing up about managing emotions because its bad for trading. Chill dude.

The next dip is a correction. Again there are a whole stack of threads calling the top going back 6 years, you can start another one if you like.

Keep calm and carry on trading. :clover:

am I being lectured? last lecture was from my high school maths teacher who I then slapped in the face who then dragged me by the collar to the principal's office who then... oh, wrong story.... interest rates, yes... insignificant, but it was the message the fed would have sent if no hike. dow is so overbought that any loss in confidence would have sent it down 500pts or more, that was my point and why I didn't want to trade till after Yellen spoke.

The immediate reaction was kneejerk then all back to where it was, longer term I think the hike will have an impact. The heaps of money on the sideline that misses the rally altogether was desperate to buy dips, with higher rates some of that retail money will go to CDs and stay there, I think the next dip will not be bought and will probably become a correction.

Just checking the currency correlation again.
Eur/USD and Dax.

Attachments

• Eur.png
    Eur.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Edx.png
    Edx.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 51
Today I have no idea where European markets are going.
I'm guessing down but hey, thats been a losing strategy for 10 years.
Think I'll sit this one out.

Eur/USD and Dax.

If I sit up straight and tilt my head to the left 30 degrees, it looks pretty conclusive imo.

Really baffling. I was expecting DAX to kiss 13000 and now it's gone all shy. Thank goodness for TA. It's a toss up between 12850 and 12680 for me. Which ever direction currency goes I'll go the other. (y)

If I sit up straight and tilt my head to the left 30 degrees, it looks pretty conclusive imo.

Of course! Head angle! (Slapping own 0° degree inclined as I write) The missing part of my strategy. Thanks for that; Now I can be sure the Holy Grail awaits :)

FTSE down hard - will it be bought this time??? :-0

7420 sp zone...if it holds buyers might be in...I think scalps both ways atm... further down 7375 needs to hold (possible bear trap) if not bears will be in for a kill... all imho

Oil WTI taken a hammering yesterday...could go 4300 (currently 4450 sp zone Jul futures)..if it goes I think it will take ftse with it...

Eur/USD and Dax.

Interesting but erratic - see below overlay - why should today be any different? Granted that it's a bank holiday but still.....

Attachments

• DAX_€$.png
    DAX_€$.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 51
Interesting but erratic - see below overlay - why should today be any different? Granted that it's a bank holiday but still.....

Perhaps I should have used the 'tongue firmly in cheek' smilie when I posted. There are some very respected people who trade with the principle that an index is inversely related to its currency vs the dollar. Yet whenever I look at the charts I dont see it (there was one once but that was averaged over a 6 month timeline) so when I post the charts its because it is to demonstrate the currency tends to have a positive relation to the index over short periods.

Umm, wheres the bank holiday?

I'm getting to break even on my Dow short at last.
No stops trader should appreciate that trade.

How is it the yanks buy the sh1t out of stocks BEFORE an interest rate decision and the Brits SELL the sh1t out of stocks before their interest rate decision. :rolleyes: