Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Today, as in Europe, will expire futures contracts and options called quadruple witching, which shall cause a much higher than average volatility and the occurrence of erratic movements. Nowadays, the most sensitive time 13h30 (opening) and 18h00. The day of expiration of options and futures is statistically positive for positive markets, and also considering the losses of recent days, it is not excluded a hypothetical recovery. Even if this move materializes, the technical situation of medium-term American markets remains delicate.

Hang on a minute, the ftse was doing nothing all morning then shot up 30+ points in a straight line.
What time was that? Moments before 10.15.
What happens at 10.15 on the third Friday of the month? Oh yes it's options expiry!
Hope no one was holding a put option just before that or you would have lost a lot (If not all) your money.
Wake up and smell the coffee!
:)

I stopped options trading more than 20 years ago. Best thing I ever did in the trading game. :D. I like to lose money slowly and agonisingly---that way it lasts longer:D

Sorry to disappoint! However things have livened up a bit.

Would not be surprised to see a move to 6760 - 70... standby for a bounce

ps profit is profit, it could have, should have would have, doesn't matter.

.......on to the next one !

Levels are there to be smashed & abused as well as respected

Hang on a minute, the ftse was doing nothing all morning then shot up 30+ points in a straight line.
What time was that? Moments before 10.15.
What happens at 10.15 on the third Friday of the month? Oh yes it's options expiry!
Hope no one was holding a put option just before that or you would have lost a lot (If not all) your money.
Wake up and smell the coffee!

You really are shouting about your lack of understanding.
No point having dialogue with you really as your logic and reasoning make Trump look like a genius.

You really are shouting about your lack of understanding.
No point having dialogue with you really as your logic and reasoning make Trump look like a genius.

Maybe you could explain that big move moments before expiry to us simpletons?

Attachments

• optw.png
    optw.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you could explain that big move moments before expiry to us simpletons?

I can of course explain it except it shouldn't need explaining. There are always movements around expiry. Who has the deepest pockets usually wins, though these days the movements are not as great as they were.

I passed comment on one of your latest inane statements about the Big Boys sticking it to the schmucks who bought short options, whilst implying they could extract more pain on them. Now since the time you posted that all of the major indices are down and as you might say powerfully so.

So in the first instance your assumption was wrong as in that time frame the markets dropped. The other thing over 99% of put option purchases (volume) in the last 24 hours before expiry are not retail, that would hold for the last week too. This means the majority of gains or losses were big boys playing with each other.

I had no wish to start all this I just thought it ok to comment on your inaccurate statement. I am happy to stop here.

Does everyone on this thread trade futures? Do any of the regulars use spread betting or CFDs?