Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning all.

FTSE looking at my charts; Support areas 6720, 6710 (minor), 6700, 6800. Rez 6760 (big one), 6780, 6800.

Interesting start I think; See if we can get a bounce into rez. Options expiry - how will that affect?

Pre-market holding sp @6720 ish, looking for a continuation move into rez

Good calls (ahem) predictions from postie yesterday. Glad you got your pips!!Made a few and lost a few myself as I went both ways but not for long moves - so had a fairly flat day.

Its all about the Big Boys making money selling short options to schmucks and bending them over a barrel on expiry.

Yes you may have been ''I've been posting long enough'', but not enough it seems to know that the buyer of an option is only on the hook for the premium paid and no more. So your comment makes no sense at all, the schmucks who bought options can't lose any more no matter what happens after their purchase.

You may find this helpful, I am sorry I couldn't find one called, options for people who post a long and a lot, I even searched for 'yuge long posters' to no avail, sorry about that.
http://www.optionsfordummies.net/

ftse fairly flaccid so far v narrow range S 6710 zone rez 6720 zone. 6710 support looks quite solid.
I think a better than evens chance of getting to 6730...
Looking for a lead.... 1000hrs might be interesting.

6730 cash close that generally goes but i think we drift back down after that options expiry might spike it to there

Yes you may have been ''I've been posting long enough'', but not enough it seems to know that the buyer of an option is only on the hook for the premium paid and no more. So your comment makes no sense at all, the schmucks who bought options can't lose any more no matter what happens after their purchase.

You may find this helpful, I am sorry I couldn't find one called, options for people who post a long and a lot, I even searched for 'yuge long posters' to no avail, sorry about that.
http://www.optionsfordummies.net/

If I had a pound for everyone that unsubscribed and then came back a day later having had the time to come up with a 'damming retort' I wouldnt need to trade any more. :rolleyes:

" the schmucks who bought options can't lose any more no matter what happens after their purchase" ... and ... your point is? You clearly state it yourself the schmucks who bought the puts LOST MONEY when their options expired worthless. Who gets that money, the big firms that sold them the option in the first place. Thats not just premium thats time value too.

What do you think of that? I have been waiting for a shorting opportunity all morning. Good job that I had patience.

If I had a pound for everyone that unsubscribed and then came back a day later having had the time to come up with a 'damming retort' I wouldnt need to trade any more. :rolleyes:

" the schmucks who bought options can't lose any more no matter what happens after their purchase" ... and ... your point is? You clearly state it yourself the schmucks who bought the puts LOST MONEY when their options expired worthless. Who gets that money, the big firms that sold them the option in the first place. Thats not just premium thats time value too.

How is that ''bending them over''? You clearly imply they will extract more pain/money from them, which they can't. This is probably another extract from your voodoo explanations on other things Dow.

As for what short options lost money, who knows? If you go back 7 days then a lot less or yesterday afternoon also not likely to have lost much, a lot of option buyers a hedgers and made more on the underlying. I could continue but there is not much point as you clearly have a very basic understanding in this area. Or it could be just another throw away proclamation that goes into the forgotten pile only to remind the few left on the table.

ftse fairly flaccid so far v narrow range S 6710 zone rez 6720 zone. 6710 support looks quite solid.
I think a better than evens chance of getting to 6730...
Looking for a lead.... 1000hrs might be interesting.

Boom shakalaka.... only caught it to 6733 as limit hit.

Hang on a minute, the ftse was doing nothing all morning then shot up 30+ points in a straight line.
What time was that? Moments before 10.15.
What happens at 10.15 on the third Friday of the month? Oh yes it's options expiry!
Hope no one was holding a put option just before that or you would have lost a lot (If not all) your money.
Wake up and smell the coffee!