Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

It may be a big coincidence. do u think it holds?

well that one did ....+100 ya beauty :)

just another part of the jiggsaw i suppose but worth keeping an eye on ....here's a thought ....the market tends to react/bounce of fibs so if we get a longer time frame hitting one we get a longer reaction/bounce ....also gives a bit of a line in the sand

Lets wait for DaddyJohn's view.

resource stocks very strong but banks lagging.

we still have those head and shoulders on FTSE100 and other indices.

FTSE head and shoulders projecting 5150 ish

trouble is with drawing any sort of line on charts is that that they become hypnotic and you can invariably find some TA reason for price doing what it does when it gets to them (particularly if you jiggle time frames). Same with price action - take the 5M on the cash atm, for example. Are we in the midst of a 1,2,3 suggesting long, or at a double top suggesting short - one's going to be right

trouble is with drawing any sort of line on charts is that that they become hypnotic and you can invariably find some TA reason for price doing what it does when it gets to them (particularly if you jiggle time frames). Same with price action - take the 5M on the cash atm, for example. Are we in the midst of a 1,2,3 suggesting long, or at a double top suggesting short - one's going to be right

What happens when the Daily 61.8 retrace downwards hits the monthly 61,8 retrace upwards? Who wins? :)

yes that's what i was meaning with the longer time frames, while the market makes it's mind up it can travel/react/ bounce and it will often creat oppertunities ...as the last monthly one did with 100 points. the 5 min today gave a 61 fib at 49/50 giving a bounce up to 65 at one point but these moves are for scalpers. longer term generally slower moving

Anyone want to take a guess on what the FTSE will peak at today? I was hoping for about 5365-5370 so I can close a position comfortably, I think it might hit that.

Anyone want to take a guess on what the FTSE will peak at today? I was hoping for about 5365-5370 so I can close a position comfortably, I think it might hit that.

I'm getting short at 5370 so I'll take your contracts off you if you want :)

you should be in your easy chair now, then :) where did it start?

confucius say " when all doom and gloom buy" he oso say " o sh*t" when he get it wong

:LOL:....and then - ***, I was right after all, *** no I wasn't, *** yes I was, *** no I wasn't, *** yes I was - oh, to hell with it, I'll go back to writing deep thoughts.

my first attempt at market timing gave turns at 11:50 and 14:20...10 min chart

Last edited: