Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

the fact that the ipo did not get pulled may indicate that those doing the issuing think that the outlook for markets its going to deteriorate . is this a correct conclusion?

i just do charts sd ....not really into all the shenanigans and jiggery pokery....might just be scare tactics we'll soon know:)

the fact that the ipo did not get pulled may indicate that those doing the issuing think that the outlook for markets its going to deteriorate . is this a correct conclusion?

nah, Zuck's had his wedding arranged. Under California law he gets to keep what was his before marriage, but has to share after. Pull the ipo and he gotta share it or pull the wedding too.

I just had Bloomberg Europe on in the background this morning, one of their shows mentioned that some expected a small recovery today before the markets continued on their decline this week. They mentioned JP Morgan believed that the downward trend would continue, but volatility today might cause some spikes which investors could use to close losing positions.

I didn't take a position but I've had my charts open to keep an eye on it. From about 6am onwards there has been an increase with the FTSE at 5309.5 and the DAX at 6342.8, but yeah since that seems to be the extent of it.

Never ever follow what GS or JPM say. You do not know when they are talking their book or leading punters the opposite way.

I dont know which way to go. An analyst called Robert Mchugh is calling a multi year bear market from here...
David Schwartz is calling the market up through the Olympics.
Who knows???

This is why there are bulls and bears.
Don't listen to any of them and make your own mind up.

Last edited:
yep market has been very volatile.

But FTSE is now around 5350 and is bullish as long as it stays above 5290 on Tuesday

Daily res 5350. Needs a daly close above this to allow a move back up to 5500 before back down again.
Close below 5350 and 5100 is open.