Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Same to you. I currently only trade FTSE but key an eye on a host of other markets as well.

Do you trade other instruments as well?

Went for a run...didn't miss much it looks like. Ahhh trader being asked about his book, this could be long ;)

Not trying to impress the postman here but I make a couple of thousand a day on the ftse which I'm happy to talk about, but my largest trades are actually cable, if I tell you I'm short $2m you will think I am an outright liar :cheesy: so I'll keep you guessing on that. I also love the nasdaq/S&P have been trading NDX since Juniper Networks was $200+ and of course Oil which I am getting ready for a life time trade :rolleyes:

How long are your runs?

I'm not sure if the S&P being flat is a good or a bad thing. Its been hovering around this level all night.

S&P still hasnt broken overnight lows.
I think daxys trying to squeeze everyone out, after all its 2,800 points off its high!
Not buying yet though.

If gold makes it over 1120 I will start to think world recession.
At the moment I'm thinking its just a readjustment to higher interest rates in the US.

At the moment I'm thinking its just a readjustment to higher interest rates in the US.

What price will it need to get to for a reversal of that insane decision?

Lots of people on this thread said...rate rise = USD strength and Index strength :LOL:

What price will it need to get to for a reversal of that insane decision?

Lots of people on this thread said...rate rise = USD strength and Index strength :LOL:

Its not a decision it quite clearly says 'think about' and 'thinking', its based on charts which show what other people are collectively DOING.
We can think what we like but its what traders actually do that moves the market and we should all be prepared to adjust our thinking based on what is actually happening.

Right now I'm thinking Dax will fall below 9620 but if it breaks 9750 I will re-evaluate and prepare for it to go up to 9800. Thats what day traders do!

Attachments

• ThinkOrThwim.png
    ThinkOrThwim.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 68
Its not a decision it quite clearly says 'think about' and 'thinking', its based on charts which show what other people are collectively DOING.
We can think what we like but its what traders actually do that moves the market and we should all be prepared to adjust our thinking based on what is actually happening.

Right now I'm thinking Dax will fall below 9620 but if it breaks 9750 I will re-evaluate and prepare for it to go up to 9800. Thats what day traders do!

The "insane decision" I refer to would be the US interest rate rise on the 18/12

Went for a run...didn't miss much it looks like. Ahhh trader being asked about his book, this could be long ;)

Not trying to impress the postman here but I make a couple of thousand a day on the ftse which I'm happy to talk about, but my largest trades are actually cable, if I tell you I'm short $2m you will think I am an outright liar :cheesy: so I'll keep you guessing on that. I also love the nasdaq/S&P have been trading NDX since Juniper Networks was $200+ and of course Oil which I am getting ready for a life time trade :rolleyes:

How long are your runs?

Thanks for replying - I am currently better at running than trading. I run along a beach and beast myself up a hill at the end followed by sit up, press up, dips. All up the distance is not that great about 3 - 5km but I do push myself. I have done some endurance running in the past (ultra marathon type thing 100km) but "me joints" suffer a bit so just trying to maintain fitness atm.
I just keep to the FTSE as I am used to it and find it correlates nicely with US and o/n markets. When I lived in Aus I traded CFD on the ASX and found it to be quite predictable as it was skewed to resources and was a market follower rather than leader.
I have had thoughts about forex but stayed clear while I work on improving my trading techniques.

Kind regards - swiss.

It's complicated but getting there slowly, wish I hadn't sat on my hands for the last 6-months procrastinating and just knuckled down to it, in hindsight it would have been a godsend in these markets - just hope it's some use in the future.

Plus I have a new found appreciation of the work that fintech companies do - even IG - bloody complicated!

Maybe you can code a SB platform and set up shop - let me know I might be able to help with seed funding!;);)

Thanks for replying - I am currently better at running than trading. I run along a beach and beast myself up a hill at the end followed by sit up, press up, dips. All up the distance is not that great about 3 - 5km but I do push myself. I have done some endurance running in the past (ultra marathon type thing 100km) but "me joints" suffer a bit so just trying to maintain fitness atm.
I just keep to the FTSE as I am used to it and find it correlates nicely with US and o/n markets. When I lived in Aus I traded CFD on the ASX and found it to be quite predictable as it was skewed to resources and was a market follower rather than leader.
I have had thoughts about forex but stayed clear while I work on improving my trading techniques.

Kind regards - swiss.

We seem to be living almost perfectly similar lives, scary. I bet you're short right now!

Were at the magic 9750 level.
At the moment I'm short dax 9742 with a stop at 9758.

Its closed now at +1 because of the retrace however...
I will never accuse IG of stealing stops again! (Well not today anyway :LOL:)

Attachments

• whew.png
    whew.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 70