Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I am still short ftse but hedged, will hopefully be able to trade my way out of the unrealised loss tomorrow... :/

I believe the rally is a short squeeze as nothing has fundamentally changed and oil will soon be happily loitering mid-20s.

Also think that the Total + BG Group merger will not go ahead which will knock the FTSE down a few notches!

Unless that line breaks its 16,600 for a very carefully manipulated options expiry tomorrow.

Attachments

• opt.png
    opt.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 56
After the dow moved up 300 points in 35 minutes, its doing its best to move up 35 points in 300 minutes. :sleep:

No sign of a down move yet.

It broke my 450 turnaround point.

Its just your classic "I need to be at a certain point by a certain time" algo manipulated rally.

So a large chunk of last nights gains up in smoke, anyone held short from 9pm?

Not me. I thought theyd push the dow up to 16,600 area before they let it drop again. This is more serious.
What changed between December 30th and Jan 4th? Answer, traders received their end of year bonuses based on performance. ;)

FTSE back to normal jogging. Took a quick short this morning from 5920 unfortunately my target was 5900. But hey ho. Are options expiring today?

Out of my hedged ftse short for small loss, am out and about today so no more trading... I expect that the ftse will close below 5800 later and I would have been quids in had I had the balls to hold on, hey ho.

Also to a quick L from 5853 closed at 5860. Looking to S from 5870 - 80 area and go L from 5830 depending on flow. Lets see.

Hold on to your knickers....did someone on this forum say we bottomed at 5903! I wouldn't come out and say anything ever again after that call.