Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Solid support at FTSE 5850 area. Bounce up today ?5930+. Will short rally. Not sure it will have the same legs as yesterday though. Premarket currently 5870 area.

Too easy, it isn't ugly enough, I'll take the other side to that trade and will re-short if it rally's.

That was tough, is it just me but even if you get the right direction you trade it dreadfully once you call it publicly. I seem to do far far far better if I don't challenge on this public forum. Although lovely short just doesn't feel satisfying, seems to have inverse correlation with how much money you make and whether you called it perfectly.

That was tough, is it just me but even if you get the right direction you trade it dreadfully once you call it publicly. I seem to do far far far better if I don't challenge on this public forum. Although lovely short just doesn't feel satisfying, seems to have inverse correlation with how much money you make and whether you called it perfectly.

Too true. I should spend more time on the trade rather than waffling on this forum but I do like some banter.....trading can get very introspective.
I do like to put my pre-market view out there - to try and elicit some alternate views but generally I don't get much response...maybe too early.
I am resident in the UK atm and generally up at 0520hrs to get a feel for o/n action, sentiment news etc, imho If you want to trade seriously this is a must.

...I do like to put my pre-market view out there - to try and elicit some alternate views but generally I don't get much response...maybe too early.

Opinions are good if they are measured.

Having said that ever since I started using Stocktwits my trading has become worse, far too many opinions, too many perma-bull/bears, too many outright liars... so I think it's a double-edged sword. :/

I think a somewhat late NY resolution for me would be to only use the forums on days I won't be actually trading!

Absolutely, may it long continue, shaping up to be my best month ever. With this vol you don't need to really be up that early, in and out each way plenty of points. I think we trade very similarly.

All the best.
ST

Same to you. I currently only trade FTSE but key an eye on a host of other markets as well.

Do you trade other instruments as well?

You have a knack for calling market moves. I remember when you called the correction just before Aug. I think we're close to a bottom too.

well it missed 5903 by a point but hit my limit went back in and had another go this time it will go after that the market can do what it wants :clap:

Last edited:
Opinions are good if they are measured.

Having said that ever since I started using Stocktwits my trading has become worse, far too many opinions, too many perma-bull/bears, too many outright liars... so I think it's a double-edged sword. :/

I think a somewhat late NY resolution for me would be to only use the forums on days I won't be actually trading!

Yes there are some plonkers out there but you get to know who's who. You sound far too sensible...how's the coding going?

Draghi's very quiet at the moment, he's normally on his soapbox when this kind of thing happens in the markets. Is he preparing another bazooka.

Draghi's very quiet at the moment, he's normally on his soapbox when this kind of thing happens in the markets. Is he preparing another bazooka.

With the markets the way they are it will probably have the opposite effect to that intended ie policy makers flapping=more selloff

Yes there are some plonkers out there but you get to know who's who. You sound far too sensible...how's the coding going?

It's complicated but getting there slowly, wish I hadn't sat on my hands for the last 6-months procrastinating and just knuckled down to it, in hindsight it would have been a godsend in these markets - just hope it's some use in the future.

Plus I have a new found appreciation of the work that fintech companies do - even IG - bloody complicated!