Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

We ran out of time Friday, but got there today !

Close enough, I'm claiming it. :)

Next stop 17,360-410 maybe even today !

Ok, hit middle of the zone 17,388...I wouldn't be surprised if it checks out the other side tonight / tomorrow.

Attachments

• dow-cash-17133.png
    dow-cash-17133.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 61
  • dow-cash17133-17210.png
    dow-cash17133-17210.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 60
Thanks mate.
I'm trying to be a trader, if I read too much it impacts my ability to trade, we aren't supposed to be a smart bunch just profitable right and if it isn't broken why fix it :)
Did you seriously not trade this market? From what I've seen of your messages, you must have caned this market in both directions.

Thanks mate.
I'm trying to be a trader, if I read too much it impacts my ability to trade, we aren't supposed to be a smart bunch just profitable right and if it isn't broken why fix it :)
Did you seriously not trade this market? From what I've seen of your messages, you must have caned this market in both directions.

Not having a position....is a position !

We should only trade price action that we understand....and for most traders, that ought to be a lot less trading than they do currently.

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

I PM'd someone this message just today. I'm talking about why I posted so much on other threads ...

"To me its a way of not overtrading, and that is a good thing according to my trading records." (y)

I PM'd someone this message just today. I'm talking about why I posted so much on other threads ...

"To me its a way of not overtrading, and that is a good thing according to my trading records." (y)

Another good reason is - like a personal journal but even better, a public journal.

What was I thinking at the time :eek: :eek: :eek: :whistling :eek: :eek: :eek:

:smart:

Not having a position....is a position !

We should only trade price action that we understand....and for most traders, that ought to be a lot less trading than they do currently.

I remember saying that in the Oct 2013 competition.

"So - this was a trade that I did not enter, and that is a valid trade. Doing nothing when your entry criteria are not met is a good thing, otherwise whats the point of setting up trades if your just going to enter at random levels."

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w...ing-game-oct-2013-week-1-a-3.html#post2199004

Having a good memory helps in this game too. ;)

Another good reason is - like a personal journal but even better, a public journal.

What was I thinking at the time :eek: :eek: :eek: :whistling :eek: :eek: :eek:

:smart:

Yes thats true as well. I do post in the hope that others post and if I'm short and 10 people are long it does make me reconsider.

Everyone trades differently and when CV jumps in to the thread you know its worth listening too.

Mind you both Atilla and CV think Yellen wont raise rates this week so it shows that even they can be wrong sometimes. :LOL:

Ok, hit middle of the zone 17,388...I wouldn't be surprised if it checks out the other side tonight / tomorrow.

Some doubters on the thread ( you can tell by the way they write ) :LOL:
So just for clarity and transparency, closed positions for today.

I have an overhanging S+P short position running which will either hit my limit TP or it will be used as my foil trade going into tomorrow. In other words, I'm short S+P so if needed, I will take longs in Dow or other related instruments and work both sides.

Attachments

• 14-12-15.PNG
    14-12-15.PNG
    101 KB · Views: 89
Some doubters on the thread ( you can tell by the way they write ) :LOL:
So just for clarity and transparency, closed positions for today.

I have an overhanging S+P short position running which will either hit my limit TP or it will be used as my foil trade going into tomorrow. In other words, I'm short S+P so if needed, I will take longs in Dow or other related instruments and work both sides.

Show off...I'm impressed - no losing positions for the day. I'm usually happy to break even!!

Show off...I'm impressed - no losing positions for the day. I'm usually happy to break even!!

I mentioned this in another thread once before. I lived with a compulsive gambler while at Uni. He said one day ''I hope I break even today, I really need the money''.

I always remember him when I see comments like that. He was 100% serious too, the not having a bet was just not an option.

I mentioned this in another thread once before. I lived with a compulsive gambler while at Uni. He said one day ''I hope I break even today, I really need the money''.

I always remember him when I see comments like that. He was 100% serious too, the not having a bet was just not an option.

Actually I am being honest. I am very happy to stand aside and my risk is limited to what I can afford to lose. I'm still in learning mode and I do, overall, either b/e or make a small profit - even that took some time. I'm happy with either as I am in learning mode.

I think in the early days money/risk management is key, it takes quite a long time to learn pa and then apply it to make money. The ingredient that will make the stew come together is discipline and that has to be learnt as well - rather like a child touching the hotplate when told it is hot and will burn you. If you don't do you won't learn.

Zero hedge is in meltdown at the moment, he thinks all his dreams have come true. After spending 4 years saying US stocks will crash and Gold will soar he thinks he might get lucky this week. :LOL:

Asia had another bad day.

Think daxy want 400 this morning.