Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

it would be interesting to see ftse100 stocks sorted by degree of defensiveness

I have a view (not shared by many) that stocks are the next sovereign bonds... i.e safe dividends, strong balance sheets... just what you always wanted to get from sovereings but now the game is up...

Global companies are the new nation states..;)

I have a view (not shared by many) that stocks are the next sovereign bonds... i.e safe dividends, strong balance sheets... just what you always wanted to get from sovereings but now the game is up...

Global companies are the new nation states..;)

corporate world control

a while ago mcdonalds borrowed money cheaper than the US government,

Last edited:
Hey Martin, did you see that DC joined us a few days ago, with another prophecy??

it could be his on the money this time .. though a couple of days out... which aint bad.. but lets see....

John

It's good to see DC back again. His visits are too short and infrequent. It's nice to see his comments, but he always leaves us wanting more.

I didn't see his price prediction. I am sure it's a bold call.

How you enjoying the DAX? Much different than the FTSE?

John

It's good to see DC back again. His visits are too short and infrequent. It's nice to see his comments, but he always leaves us wanting more.

I didn't see his price prediction. I am sure it's a bold call.

How you enjoying the DAX? Much different than the FTSE?

yes, it would be good to hear from him more often..

I am loving the DAX... suits my trading style better.

It's a close decision tbh.
With spreads at only 1 and the tax implications, it's much of a muchness going SB or DMA on the FTSE. It's simply just the 6pt overnight spread that I feel is a bit ridiculous.
Any ideas what the overnight DMA spread averages out to on the LIFFE?

Overnight on LIFFE the order book gets very thin so you could get stopped out just because of lack of orders. But as long as your stops are wide, there should be no problem overnight.

As I type, looks like we have a disconnect between the fTSE and the ES. The FTSE is pushing up while the ES goes sideways.