Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

very interesting trade action going on in BP .... notice the amount of buying volumes recently.. even so close to earnings.. market makers are all over this today..

i think one of the hardest things in trading is having patience

I agree Dick... it took me years to get that... but once you master your "fear of losing out" .. life gets so, so much easier AND you make more money (lots more money)

It would get even easier if we switch it all to autopilot, no analysis to be made, ne fear of losing, only looking at the statement once a day.

when dow was down 50ish yesterday evening the ftse could have been bought for 5724, who knew

Last edited:
talking about patience, long FTSE short S&P needs a huge amount of patience :)
looks like bottom fishing in BP from US clients

If ftse/dow close higher today they will carry great strength into wednesday

FTSE100 +23 with BP down 2.1% is pretty impressive, it should indicate that dow will be up strongly

Dow 87pts away from making new 5 year high.

Is BP long a valid hedge for being short ftse? maybe today will be a wake up call.

I hope i did not discourage you. good instincts, do monthly lows make good support?

i don't look at them alone sd, but the march low fitted with my system which looks at it as part of the first quarter. i could be wrong but for me holding above that level indicates higher prices.....but as you know nothing works all the time.

at least we have a disaster stop level now 5726! :LOL:

If ftse/dow close higher today they will carry great strength into wednesday

FTSE100 +23 with BP down 2.1% is pretty impressive, it should indicate that dow will be up strongly

Dow 87pts away from making new 5 year high.

Is BP long a valid hedge for being short ftse? maybe today will be a wake up call.

yes amazing the Dow is only 87pts away... the ISM number should be the tell-tale of the day

i don't look at them alone sd, but the march low fitted with my system which looks at it as part of the first quarter. i could be wrong but for me holding above that level indicates higher prices.....but as you know nothing works all the time.

at least we have a disaster stop level now 5726! :LOL:

:LOL:

the markets seem tired, small up days not much energy,
With a giant like BP you would think they would have kept the market up to date on their earnings. and no surprises

Last edited:
trigger levels would have worked well, if you have a high boredom thresh hold.

buy 5754
sell 5744

put u long and kept you long