Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

really? i never watch it ...thought he was having a go

well it would be his first impolite message out of 700 odd so I think we can assume it was a joke(y)

looking for a sell off early next week chaps - depending on weekend new etc esp re Greece

we cannot keep grinding up without a pullback can we?

have a good weekend chaps:)

f

well it would be his first impolite message out of 700 odd so I think we can assume it was a joke(y)

looking for a sell off early next week chaps - depending on weekend new etc esp re Greece

we cannot keep grinding up without a pullback can we?

have a good weekend chaps:)

f

well i told the wife about it and now she's calling me del boy ...what a plonker

sorry for the misunderstanding martin.

Just over a 30 point range on the FTSE cash market on Friday, that is tighter than the half day on the Friday before Christmas.

How is everyone else getting on adapting from the volatility back to this?

I'm still very cautious and there are many angry bears out there.

Not thinking about an increase to trade sizes just yet.

My comments on eastenders were geared at the market in general - as it traded closer to 5750 the more exciting it was getting (unlike eastenders) just a bit of fun.

However you seemed to have taken it the wrong way perhaps thinking I was having a go at your post but this was not the case, if I had I would have highlighted in the normal way.

I had hoped you meant this as a joke but it seems not therefore I will
SHUT IT !!!!!

And leave you to it.

Dick, "Shut It" is a direct quote from Eastenders. Not meant as an insult to you old chap. Relax. All is ok.

Anyone getting the squawk feed from Ransquawk this morning? It keeps telling me it is disconnected. Would like to know if the spike down at 9:03am was news related?

Dick, "Shut It" is a direct quote from Eastenders. Not meant as an insult to you old chap. Relax. All is ok.

Anyone getting the squawk feed from Ransquawk this morning? It keeps telling me it is disconnected. Would like to know if the spike down at 9:03am was news related?

Working fine for me.
9:03 onwards had a bit about the Spanish GDP. But nothing market moving in my opinion.

Working fine for me.
9:03 onwards had a bit about the Spanish GDP. But nothing market moving in my opinion.

Thanks Mark. Still got no audio.

Seems there is a bit of a bear bull tussle going on. FTSE being supported on the order book. ES and FESX tested lows. FTSE didn't.

Just over a 30 point range on the FTSE cash market on Friday, that is tighter than the half day on the Friday before Christmas.

apart form a bit of boredom I am back to scalping as the market offers a reversal candle or hits a trend line
certainly not contemplating a position as it were

f

I wouldn't say we are back to normal markets yet, but the volatility has clearly gone. There is some suspension of belief going on that the eurozone problems are behind us. But bond yields are dropping, and there will need to be some macro news to give the markets a push in one direction or the other. Results season in the US is also not giving much away. No big surprises up or down, so it's going to be muddle through for now.

I've been looking around for activity in any of the futures markets, but it has all gone a little quiet right now. There will be a decent down move at some stage, but nothing big. So just have to be patient, and do my taxes instead.

I wouldn't say we are back to normal markets yet, but the volatility has clearly gone. There is some suspension of belief going on that the eurozone problems are behind us. But bond yields are dropping, and there will need to be some macro news to give the markets a push in one direction or the other. Results season in the US is also not giving much away. No big surprises up or down, so it's going to be muddle through for now.

I've been looking around for activity in any of the futures markets, but it has all gone a little quiet right now. There will be a decent down move at some stage, but nothing big. So just have to be patient, and do my taxes instead.

Leaving it until the last minute Martin:)

Did mine last night. Pain in the backside, but better than paying an accountant.

I paid an accountant for years and all they seemed to do was enter details into a format that the inland revenue could understand, but they weren't particularly proactive in helping me plan for expenses and find all the costs I could deduct. I did all the work preparing the figures and itemising everything. In the end, it just made sense to do my own returns and save a few pennies.

As for this mornings trading I went short at the 161.8% extension and then closed it for lack of a decent bounce. I am short again right now, looking for first target around 5715, then 5709 = 50% or 5703 = 61.8%.

anyone else get a strange price spike yesterday about 8pm or is it just my crappy charts?

Attachments

• spike.gif
    spike.gif
    48.1 KB · Views: 141
well the 8:30 should have given me a bit, but didn't and a touch underwater now as 9:00 approaches.

anyone else get a strange price spike yesterday about 8pm or is it just my crappy charts?

Dick, there was no spike on the underlying Futures chart. If the spike caused you to be stopped out of a trade by your spreadbetting firm, I would have a word with them and ask them to credit you. If they don't then take your business elsewhere.