Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

dont forget to watch for the 100 point move in the 8:20 to 8:40 timeframe if its hit target them Im looking for rally and vice versa

if the DOW hits target and FTSE is around 334 then it exit shorts time I want to be long ahead of NFP and ready to exit

anything from 3hrs to 2months for me mostly 2 to 3 days though

if your into scalping Martin is ya man he's T2Ws very own HFT

DC - I figured you were a swinger! Individual shares I hold for years, but that's mostly because I buy them on fundementals and not on technicals. Good call on the Dow. Bounced nicely off 11493 (futures price) the S1 pivot.

although I want to be long into NFP if we get 615+ tonight I will take it

now I just need a bounce 523 area then I will be long 498 looking for 615 and 725 area

I think it might break down S1 before 9pm.

I hope to be long before the NFP and hopefully it will have some room before the data breaks.
Will see tomorrow, still have nightmares from July when the ADP smashed expectations and then NFP missed big time.

and if this goes 452 in the night then I will happily oblige that price as well

now this looks fun the DOW is 300 points away from target and the FTSE providing entries this morning and a target of 5461 so its gonna be wild

now long @318 but Im in early idealy we would have target low posted yesterday 284 area

after target new high today the pattern goes to five daily lows targeting DOW monthly lows

Ooh go on then I'll have some more of them bargain DOWs @11404

now long 498 and 404

got to get some packing done now be back latter

DC - Do I understand correctly? You are long the Dow from 11500 ish with targets of 11615 and 11725, and you are long the FTSE from 5318 with a target of 5461. Do you change your targets at all if the NFP data surprises big time to the upside or down?

This morning other than the sell off from the level at 5369.5, the price action has lost its shape since about 8:30am. Much of the price movement has been irregular and you are better off staying out if you are a scalper.

I've netted +5 points in 4 trades. 2 on Dax, 1 on FT and 1 on Euro/GBP.

I tell myself that I am not a scalper by nature. :)

I've had such a good week that I just had to try an finish with a bang. Such was not to be but, at least, my lolly is intact so far.

Just me, or is the FTSE quite hard to scalp this morning? A few points down, lots of b/e trades, although missed a couple of 10pt moves as I wasn't paying enough attention.

DC - Do I understand correctly? You are long the Dow from 11500 ish with targets of 11615 and 11725, and you are long the FTSE from 5318 with a target of 5461. Do you change your targets at all if the NFP data surprises big time to the upside or down?

This morning other than the sell off from the level at 5369.5, the price action has lost its shape since about 8:30am. Much of the price movement has been irregular and you are better off staying out if you are a scalper.

Hi martin
Yes Im long on both DOW and FTSE my targets are set prior to NFP or most news events they come from the market if there is a change of mood then the market will give an exit

right now I have no problems with the price post NFP the FTSE made close enough the low target from yesterday this would be a buy area for large players the DOW has a partial fill of Mondays gap which is fine if it fills then that would be a different plan for next week

Im a long move player and right now with DOW @328 Im only about $5k down so no worries at all