Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

you say that every week scotty

spoke sort him out
mc coy stick a sedative in him

Numbers to note:

5375.5 = 50% retrace on daily chart

5383 = August 15th Big Swing High

Above that and there should be a lot of shorts closing.

The ES is already above 50% retracement (1215.75) on the daily.

The 50EMA on the daily is at 1232.43

THe 61.8% Retracement is at 1248.49.

Unless the Factory order numbers at 3pm are totally attrocious, I can see this bear squeeze going to 1250. Go figure.

blimey didn't expect this much strength

The main reason for all this strength is QE3 and end of quarter. All the data except today's has been very bad. The Fed has said they are going to do something by the end of September. So fundementals go out of the window.

Interesting cash close tonight. Massive volume in last five minutes. End of quarter is usually a big up day. But there must have been some shorts forced into closing too.

Reksa - I use an 8 period setting for boly bands on a 5 min chart.

Thanks for that one! I tried it, today, on US Tech. It worked beautifully. I am not a scalper, as such, so do not need 1 minute. However, the entries seemed so clear to me
and spotted a good trend.

I'm enclosing the chart I used.

Attachments

• img_13148073406170.gif
    img_13148073406170.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 152
The main reason for all this strength is QE3 and end of quarter. All the data except today's has been very bad. The Fed has said they are going to do something by the end of September. So fundementals go out of the window.

Interesting cash close tonight. Massive volume in last five minutes. End of quarter is usually a big up day. But there must have been some shorts forced into closing too.

I don't know about all this stuff I just do charts but is the quarter end not September?

futures expire 3rd friday of month of september december march and june

option expiry for september is 17th/18th quarterly expiry 30th

I don't know about all this stuff I just do charts but is the quarter end not September?

Dick - you are very much right. I got that one very wrong. I misheard some comment on Bloomberg, and it just logged in my brain the wrong way. Still massive volume on the close though.

Thanks for that one! I tried it, today, on US Tech. It worked beautifully. I am not a scalper, as such, so do not need 1 minute. However, the entries seemed so clear to me
and spotted a good trend.

I'm enclosing the chart I used.

You're welcome Splitlink. Pullbacks to the middle boly band (8 period) are usually safe low risk entries on the 5 min chart. Setting your stop a few points the other side of the MBB usually sees you only get stopped out with a trend reversal or a breakdown into sideways ranging.