Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

will be when it gets there
right now the market from yesterday has produced an exit price of 334 this mornings price action produced the target of 284 but if the action is slow today then that could come tomorrow morning

today the DOW should provide buying opportunities today but I would prefer that down at 11505 after the FTSE has completed its move

think the white flags coming out

the market always gives 2 exits if you dont take the 3rd its going without you fortunately its not going that far on this occasion

key for my trade today is to watch the DOW price once thats in the zone I want to be out of FTSE shorts

looks like you scalpers have done ok today

You scalpers? That must mean that you aren't one. :) Neither am I, but I have got my account increased, which is a comfort

What do you do, to get into the market? I use pins on high TFs and, when I have one of those, that I like, this morning I have been using MartinC-J's entry, that was very profitable for me., yesterday. To-day is ok but the market needs watching.

I've actually struggled a little today. I tried to trade the wicks and tails between 8am and 9am when all the manufacturing pmi data was coming out. I should have just sat on my hands as the price was giving lots of 1 tick fakes, which for someone who times entries based on 1 tick breaks is a pain.

I caught the drop at the open, and then got confused by the signals on the price action. The ES and FESX were clearly going down, but someone was supporting the price on the FTSE. So I gambled on the FTSE going up, despite the chart looking like a sell. Usually I get those ones right. This time I was wrong and got stopped out. I did catch the drop at 10:25am and the immediate reversal. Since then I have been out of the market.

I haven't felt sure about my price levels today, but 5368 and 5339 now look to be good. I still have 5383 as the next one up, and then 5408 at the top.

We have the ISM Manufacturing PMI at 3pm, and my guess is it will be bad, but at the moment the market is ignoring bad news, so let's see how quick it reverses after 3pm. 1250 on the S&P still seems likely and if it gets there every one and his brother are apparently planning to go short.

Spike up on ISM, but of course the empoyment index within ISM was lower , market now realising and turning round ahead of NFP tomorrow :LOL:

You scalpers? That must mean that you aren't one. :) Neither am I, but I have got my account increased, which is a comfort

What do you do, to get into the market? I use pins on high TFs and, when I have one of those, that I like, this morning I have been using MartinC-J's entry, that was very profitable for me., yesterday. To-day is ok but the market needs watching.

Good to see your account up split well done, nice of martin to share his method here. As for me well I use my own system I have put together over a few years now it uses price and sometimes volume/divergence. I have still a long way to go with it but it looks promising. I’d also like to give this scalping a go martins figures look good to me.

wow DOW in and out 15 mins and switched sides now both FTSE and DOW on same page:D

ps dont drive in sheffield its a b******* nightmare

How long are you guys staying in your trades?

Lurkeo - This morning my trades mostly lasted 1 to 2 minutes. This afternoon 3 to 7 minutes. Had to give it a little more air this pm as the 5 minute candles were flip flopping. ISM number was a surprise, but manufacturing still contracting and probably getting worse based on regional reports.

the low I had for the DOW has moved slightly from 11505 to 11498 not a lot but thats where I will be looking at FTSE