Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The main reason for all this strength is QE3 and end of quarter. All the data except today's has been very bad. The Fed has said they are going to do something by the end of September. So fundementals go out of the window.

Interesting cash close tonight. Massive volume in last five minutes. End of quarter is usually a big up day. But there must have been some shorts forced into closing too.

So now we know what that massive volume was doing 31/8. They filled their boots prior to bernake's speech 26/8 then they ramped the markets up and sold of on 31/8 before NFP. Fits with the daily bars.:sneaky:

simples

if this market goes back up over 200 then they may have been doing their GCSE'S today
General Clearance of Stops Exercise:)

5067 is support 3 for the FTSE cash, it might get there before the close the way the market is moving.

I'm terrible for missing calendar items, I really am. I saw that the UK Service's figures were bad but completely missed Labour Day!

As soon as I read your post I closed. :) Fortunately, I was short FT and got 14 points out of it.

Paperwork for the rest of the day? It's not lunchtime yet. Nice to be retired!

http://www.cmegroup.com/tools-information/holiday-calendar/

i have a better one but cant find the link when I do I will post link

Boy was I wrong when I decided to head off and sort out my sock drawer. Just checked back in to see what happened. Nice of the europeans to have a sell off while the americans are drinking Bud and eating weenies. Does this mean we get a rally tomorrow. Gawd knows.

I agree, am very bearish myself. The fly in the ointment for me is are the large trading houses going to push it back up in time for the qtr close in order to maximise bonuses. A break of this pattern though is potentially going to see us another several hundred points lower. The market really doesn't like the news flow right now. Soc Gen's note today on a potential Italian downgrade hasn't helped, also German Devt bank president saying banks find it hard to fund themselves right now, USA money funds withdrawing money from funding markets in Europe. Potential for German lawcourts to rule Euro bailout illegal. The list goes on........ however, I am always wary going into the qtr end. My approach for day trading will be purely based on minute by minute price action for a while now. Keeping a careful eye on volumes. Today was a massive surprise for me , as a rule I dont trade on any UK, Euro or USA public holidays. Wish I had now.

My approach for day trading will be purely based on minute by minute price action for a while now. Keeping a careful eye on volumes. Today was a massive surprise for me , as a rule I dont trade on any UK, Euro or USA public holidays.

DJ - I could have written that myself! Just trade the price action minute by minute, and quit while you are ahead. Today was unusually active for a Labor Day. Gives you an idea who is more bearish right now, europeans or americans. I spent the day studying Du Plessis' Point and Figure charts. Let's hope it was more worthwhile than trying to trade today.

DJ - I could have written that myself! Just trade the price action minute by minute, and quit while you are ahead. Today was unusually active for a Labor Day. Gives you an idea who is more bearish right now, europeans or americans. I spent the day studying Du Plessis' Point and Figure charts. Let's hope it was more worthwhile than trying to trade today.

he he after I got bored of smurfs I spent the afternoon back in may 2010 HFT computer programs

so all we need to do is get a computer to buy 75000 S&P futures contracts at 2:15 tomorrow simples:whistling

Hay! :) I can smell some sour grapes, there! When I answered your post yesterday I was short and closed because of the holiday, remember? However, what I did not tell you, because it was not relevant at the time, was that I was, also, short of the Euro/$, which I closed, as well! I think that that ended down much more-

so all we need to do is get a computer to buy 75000 S&P futures contracts at 2:15 tomorrow simples:whistling

I think my Sinclair ZX80 should be able to handle that. I'll go dig it out of the attic.

As for this mornings open, nice relief rally, dead cat bounce. Now in wicks and tails for 10 minutes while it decides what to do next. Sit on hands for a little bit until it tells you. It's a long wait until 10am GDP data and 11am German Factory orders.

Hay! :) I can smell some sour grapes, there! When I answered your post yesterday I was short and closed because of the holiday, remember? However, what I did not tell you, because it was not relevant at the time, was that I was, also, short of the Euro/$, which I closed, as well! I think that that ended down much more-

Definitely Raisins Aigre pour moi. Wish I had paid more attention yesterday.

Ok start for me today 7 trades +40.5 pts all single contract trades. 6 winners. 1 Loser. The only counter trend trade was the loser. All trades between 8am and 8:19am.

8 trades , 51 prices , will wait for ISM now. If I had listened to myself I would have been long all the way. It was trying to test the break of the trend line yesterday. However, whenever I try and predict , the market mostly spanks me.

I think my Sinclair ZX80 should be able to handle that. I'll go dig it out of the attic.

As for this mornings open, nice relief rally, dead cat bounce. Now in wicks and tails for 10 minutes while it decides what to do next. Sit on hands for a little bit until it tells you. It's a long wait until 10am GDP data and 11am German Factory orders.

zx80 ah the memories I still use an Acon electron to this day to teach basic for pic chips

for this morning 50 chunks with trend if you consider trend to be down and will go against trend longs soon