Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Does Futures respect Fibs level ?

It really depends what one means by "respect".
I use fibs in a few different ways, including the measured move on M5.
Experience makes you see these moves without measuring them by using fibs, but I find it useful to draw fibs to be more aware of poss zones.
With experience one anticipates measured moves in agreement and against the trend, you can call it market structure and market rhythm. You can measure them using fibs if that is what you want.
Robert Miner and Carolyn Boroden books (among many others) are good to study on Fibs.

Last edited:
No idea, will wait for confirmation, usually by a retest.
If not one will have to assume that that L came early with a V shape revesal.
Too early to call.

in that case one could also place a limit buy order on the dax around 9870 with a big stop..?

in that case one could also place a limit buy order on the dax around 9870 with a big stop..?

or well below that level, that is what I am doing
There might be some panic if the goods from ECB do not much markets expectation, there might also be a speculative move to shake off the longs, and a contrarian move too. If there is a news inspired large move south, it shall not last that long, but it will without a doubt provide splendid trading opportunities.

Have been away for the best part of the day.
Dax shorts were covered earlier on today, have been flat since.
It is going to be interesting day tomorrow.
ECB good news is possibly well priced in, so a small disappointment might well be on cards.
Just in case I am putting market orders to go long on Dax at 750 and 710 both with 150 and 100 pips SL respectively, just in case.

Gone 780 and 730 similar SL
Working on sell orders, looking above 10,100

Last edited by a moderator:
Gone 780 and 730 similar SL
Working on sell orders, looking above 10,100
good levels, it is good to secure these entries just in case the PA is fast and just touches them only.
Shall be trading the usual way, but these orders will be sitting there.
The shorting level above 10000 might be much higher, I am looking for at least the first quarter, 10250, if surpassed it might be much higher. Will work out these levels after this current move down is confirmed and finished.

Last edited:
Short at 10,105 and 10,140 for DAX tonight, long and short orders set.
Gut feel is the market wants to go lower this month.
Iron ore finding some support, just about holding the ASX up.
Hong Kong flat lining, Japan stopped going up
All eyes and ears on Mario

Morning everyone.
Skyrocket to the stars today, I mean, when has Draghi ever let the markets down before? :whistling

German factory orders +3.1%
Market reaction 0.00%.
Anyone who thinks fundamentals are driving markets should be well and truly disabused of that notion by now.

Dax up 500 points since the day before Draghi spoke last month. It's going to have to be something pretty significant to keep it going any further.

Market reaction 0.00%.
Anyone who thinks fundamentals are driving markets should be well and truly disabused of that notion by now.
Buy on rumours sell on news.
I wander, the news could be priced in already.
It is when all are sure that things have to go up that they might not go there so fast.
Soon we shall see. I am putting market orders on both sides of the congestion.

Last edited:
Market reaction 0.00%.

German factory orders are up so much because they've all switched to making Bear grinding machines. :LOL:

I'm looking at the Dax chart, and I really dont think its got the legs to make it to 10,000 today.
Thats my opinion FWIW.

I'm looking at the Dax chart, and I really dont think its got the legs to make it to 10,000 today.
Thats my opinion FWIW.

too much resistance around that 9930 area today's bias, yesterdays close, yesterday's high, 50% retrace of the recent down move etc :cool: Still managed to slap her bum for a decent short

Last edited: