Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Looking at this S&P nearing record highs and I'm thinking to Short it just before the close.

The idea being that after the long bank holiday weekend as the markets re-open we will likely see markets fall off before going any higher (bulls gather support, big players re-position/re-enter market) and anything that could happen that would affect markets over the 3 day period is more likely to be negative (war,terrorist attack, bad data etc).

What do others think of this logic?

Looking at this S&P nearing record highs and I'm thinking to Short it just before the close.

The idea being that after the long bank holiday weekend as the markets re-open we will likely see markets fall off before going any higher (bulls gather support, big players re-position/re-enter market) and anything that could happen that would affect markets over the 3 day period is more likely to be negative (war,terrorist attack, bad data etc).

What about Ukraine's elections at Sunday ?

50/50 may gap up as well ...

You have overnight Monday, low volume, so the usual spikes, stop hunting to contend with.

Personally i'm flat now and staying flat, Postie is a good one to ask as he is nocturnal............:)

I think the S@P futures will finish at 1901 today and then go batsh1t crazy on Tuesday.
This has been the counter intuitive setup for the previous long weekends.
Why counter intuitive, well long weekends are risk off events, but the algos seem to be set up to take advantage of this.
Just my opinion, no chart to back that up with.

Just to be clear the trading term 'Batsh1t crazy' means go up fast, it was on investopedia but some Chiroptera lover complained and had it removed.

No more shorts for me for a while. Been swimming against the trend too much, recently!
Someone PM me abuse if I go short next week, please.

Last edited:
What are your views on this entry?

I have a buy order at 6780 and my SL is set to 6765. I would be expecting to reach 6840.

Thanks, guys.

Attachments

• hourly ftse chart.jpg
    hourly ftse chart.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 102
What are your views on this entry?

I have a buy order at 6780 and my SL is set to 6765. I would be expecting to reach 6840.

Thanks, guys.

This is the kind of trade I like to take, but I prefer trading at market over orders just because I think watching price action at the level will give you a better idea of it's strength. This will help in giving an indication of how fast/far the bounce will be if this level holds and therefore when to TP.

This is the kind of trade I like to take, but I prefer trading at market over orders just because I think watching price action at the level will give you a better idea of it's strength. This will help in giving an indication of how fast/far the bounce will be if this level holds and therefore when to TP.

Orders are best for me as I don't get the chance to keep track of the market we when I'm at work. And no doubt I'd end up missing the entry! If that price did end up holding and the bounce took place what would you estimate the price would reach?