Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

mornin' all

ftse opened very strong vs dow having shrugged off nearly all the dow's after hours drop.

Well I'm out for +1 on my early bird trade. Threw away a good 20+ points there. :(

Same here......DAX -4..........got that completely wrong, and being honest -4 sounds ok, i dropped a kidney on the way down, recovered by doing silly things, time for a brew.............bah humbug.....(n)

I see people are losing money going both short AND long on Dax this morning. :eek:
The market makers are really doing their job well today. :(
Who'd do this for a living. :rolleyes:

the market is not complicated today postman...you can make good decisions just with fibonacci retracements. there is nothing weird or complicated yet

I've made up a simple mnemonic to help out.

DDDDD

Dow, Dax Don't Do Down.

Here it is as an equation, DD + DD + D = BTFD.

And, here it is in pictures...

:LOL:

Attachments

• dee dee warwick.jpg
    dee dee warwick.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DEEDEE.jpg
    DEEDEE.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 80
  • kiki-dee.jpg
    kiki-dee.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 76
the market is not complicated today postman...you can make good decisions just with fibonacci retracements. there is nothing weird or complicated yet

I know a lot of people swear by them, but its just not something I use. It's useful info to have in the back of your mind while trading though. (y)

O_O look at my analyses in the thread below. i dont think that anyone could trade professional without using them.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-21/dark-pools-opening-up-amid-increased-scrutiny.html
Dark pools and HFT - is the "honest" rip-off to continue?
Scandal after scandal, wander what is coming next?
Grab from the market what you can, stability and the "old" way of doing what appeared to be sensible has been greatly undermine, not least by illegitimate amount of freshly printed money.

Dow is ready for an up move, H4 printing divergence. Dax shall follow - eventually.
intra day long on dax closed at 646, dow still running up

and thats just not true. thats like trying to win a formula 1 race without using the 6th gear.
of course you can see different things, but trading professional, means, trading as your full time job, is impossible without. You need to be prepared in every situation.
You need to write everything what could be measurable in an automatic trading system to make performance checks, try to find resistance and support zones, use a swing or wave analyses and so on. how will you find all resistance and support zones without fibo retracements? thats just impossible. you will have the same problem with swing or wave analyses. That means, you just try to trade with ichimoku, bollinger, ema, sma, rsi, bressert or what ever. i´ve written a tons of trading systems to combine these things, made performance checks between now and 1991 and thats why i know, that these combinations works, you can make good profit, but to trade professional only with them? no way!