Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Profit taking going on currently after that really good push up.

Let's see if there's steam for more.

yesterdays many large ftse futures trades (1000+) done at 6770/6775

cash 6821/6826

Last edited:
Lol can't hear that song here because of copyright issues youtube politely informs me.

:LOL:

Not too much steam at the moment, consolidating in a range, the Dax.

Bullish Dom today

UROPEAN OVERVIEW

The indices pulled back gently yesterday from their latest intraday highs, which is what I was calling for. This sort of mild retreat is just what is needed in order to set up the next leg of upside, and is therefore a good buying opportunity. I think that a lot more traders may be tempted to join the party once the S&P blasts through its bull-market peak. I still see a lot of scepticism around vis-à-vis stocks. Around three-quarters of retail punters seem to be short of the DAX at this moment, with two-thirds short of the S&P. As ever, I am delighted to take the other side of this one.
Today's Market Focus
FTSE probes higher
FTSE probes higher

The FTSE reached a new high for the present rally overnight. Its resilience up at these levels is very encouraging. I continue to gun for a move to 6876.

DAY: Buy another bounce from around the 13-fourhourly EMA.

POSITION: Stay long or buy bounces off the 13-fourhourly EMA.

SUPPORT RESISTANCE
6766.0 6965.6
6717.5 6900.2
6673.4 6841.1
6587.2 6819.2

Bullish Dom today

UROPEAN OVERVIEW

The indices pulled back gently yesterday from their latest intraday highs, which is what I was calling for. This sort of mild retreat is just what is needed in order to set up the next leg of upside, and is therefore a good buying opportunity. I think that a lot more traders may be tempted to join the party once the S&P blasts through its bull-market peak. I still see a lot of scepticism around vis-à-vis stocks. Around three-quarters of retail punters seem to be short of the DAX at this moment, with two-thirds short of the S&P. As ever, I am delighted to take the other side of this one.
Today's Market Focus
FTSE probes higher
FTSE probes higher

The FTSE reached a new high for the present rally overnight. Its resilience up at these levels is very encouraging. I continue to gun for a move to 6876.

DAY: Buy another bounce from around the 13-fourhourly EMA.

POSITION: Stay long or buy bounces off the 13-fourhourly EMA.

SUPPORT RESISTANCE
6766.0 6965.6
6717.5 6900.2
6673.4 6841.1
6587.2 6819.2

Generally agree with this, the market is very strong today, considering :
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/01/17/markets-britain-stocks-idUKL5N0KR0SI20140117

Market waiting for retail sales figures at 0930.

Last edited:
Do you think the expiry value is already decided and the index is being held in a narrow range until the options rollover? Surely not. :devilish:

postman for the last time stay away from the conspiracy websites, rely on BBC as your trusted source of information

Last edited: