Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Well sir, FTSE does not move because of DOW or S&P. It has its own underlying assets. You got to understand dynamics. Hopefully this chart will help clarify things:

OK, have it your way if you must - I'm not totally wet behind the ears you know and if you think dow or s&p don't move ftse then it's not me that's got to understand the dynamics. Happy trading.

barjon, my analysis shows ftse is very weak, has reading of 11/100 but dow has reading of 91/100

ftse weak even after todays +36 close

opex tomorrow might shake things up.

posted the above on 14th november,

Dow was 15,876 ftse was 6666

dow went up 244pts
FTSE fell 30pts

OK, have it your way if you must - I'm not totally wet behind the ears you know and if you think dow or s&p don't move ftse then it's not me that's got to understand the dynamics. Happy trading.

Thats ok barjon.

That was only my point of view. If dow could move ftse then ftse have been rallying today.

JT

SP500 about to close almost unch. but made higher high and higher low(tiny) on daily.

it has helped us to locate a level on sp500

ditto for Dow

Posted 5 trades today all at open and close.
+21, -5 (FTSE :mad:), +4, +16 and waiting to close my Dow Long from 084.

I'm up 36 so far. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent quote.
"Being really early on your move is called - being wrong."

Its so obvious to people that they need to think about getting Long Gold just at the time Goldman put out a sell recommendation on ... Gold. :rolleyes:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time ..."

.................If dow could move ftse then ftse have been rallying today...................

That's the whole point, jessi - it hasn't done for four weeks now and that is what is so unusual. Have a read of my "Money Machine" thread to see how the relationship works.

That's the whole point, jessi - it hasn't done for four weeks now and that is what is so unusual. Have a read of my "Money Machine" thread to see how the relationship works.

Ok, I think its a deep topic,

We can have top down analysis or bottom up, money rotation etc.

1. WTI down, 2. Gold Down 3. Index down

I was making a simple point that what dragged ftse down? and conclusion was miners (from my study)

Attached is the list of stock dropped in last 30 days and made ftse down.

As a technical trader I keep it simple.

Attachments

• FTSE_Losers.jpg
    FTSE_Losers.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 95
Ok, I think its a deep topic,

We can have top down analysis or bottom up, money rotation etc.

1. WTI down, 2. Gold Down 3. Index down

I was making a simple point that what dragged ftse down? and conclusion was miners (from my study)

Attached is the list of stock dropped in last 30 days and made ftse down.

As a technical trader I keep it simple.

Yes, I didn't disagree that the miners have had an influence. In general, though, ftse is dow's poodle and rarely bites its master. If you want some evidence of that look to see where SBs take their proxy ftse after UK hours - when there's no shares being bought or sold - responding to movement in dow. Next day ftse will open similarly (assuming no further after hours movement in dow).

Last edited:
Ok Guys, I have worked out complete maths now...

I am fully protected. :cheesy:

I shorted FTSE JAN-14 future late in the evening @ 6641 and some more just now @ 6634.

I set my ratio according to my long position and I can sleep now :clap:

Will reverse my position after all news noise is over tomorrow.

JT