Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attached is the mining index chart, as you can see from the start of November mining has been declining so FTSE. Now see the long term support line in the daily mining chart which was hit today. I can see bounce back from here.

I will also post Banking chart in a moment which has some weight on ftse 100.

JT

Attachments

• Mining.jpg
    Mining.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 82
look at the last 4 bars ftse/dow - how's that for divergence!!!!

Looks like we're either in for a mighty rise in ftse, or a mighty fall in dow - one way or another I'm anxious for ftse starting to show a bit of relative strength and I've got a pretty big house and furniture job ready to go :)

Attachments

• ftsedow.jpg
    ftsedow.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 89
Gotta love that FTSE.
With all those drinks companies you'd have thought they would be in the Christmas spirit. :rolleyes:
What a nightmare. I was in for less than 30 seconds and out for -5.
Jessi you must be feeling the pain today.

Now if you see the Banking sector, its not actually declining, after a nice rally, its actually consolidating and forming triangle which is continuation patters. have a look into chart.

This was behind the scene story of ftse.

Attachments

• Banks.jpg
    Banks.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 109
Gotta love that FTSE.
With all those drinks companies you'd have thought they would be in the Christmas spirit. :rolleyes:
What a nightmare. I was in for less than 30 seconds and out for -5.
Jessi you must be feeling the pain today.

Yeah, as you know anything can happen in the market. But I am still keeping my faith tight and stop like swing play.

I know its a long game for me, lets see santa is coming home this year or not :)

Last in my series is Oil and Gas index, as you can see, this sector has been doing well in November but today there was big decline.

The three main pillars of FTSE is Mining, Banking and Oil & Gas. Mainly FTSE was declining due to Mining and Banking (more contribution from Mining then Banking).

JT

Attachments

• Oil and Gas.jpg
    Oil and Gas.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
how can china beer consumption cause ftse to drop 60pts and yet Dow/SP500 soldier on? or will they tank at the close?

I don't think drinks companies can drag ftse that much down, if you see biggest losers today, they are all mining. media headlines are very confusing.

I don't think drinks companies can drag ftse that much down, if you see biggest losers today, they are all mining. media headlines are very confusing.

jessi I think the drinks company gave hint of chinese economic slowdown hence weakness in miners and oils

jessi I think the drinks company gave hint of chinese economic slowdown hence weakness in miners and oils

My be you are right.

But my opinion is that some of the big players (JPM and others) running the sell program in mining since end of October, I can see the pattern in mining sector.

Last edited:
My be you are right.

But my opinion is that some of the big players (JPM and others) running the sell program in mining since end of October, I can see the pattern in mining sector.

jessi look at dax/dow they making new highs and ftse is well back from its highs, it is under performing. ftse is 190pts below 30 day highs. dow making new highs maybe as we speak and dax it surging higher also.

jessi look at dax/dow they making new highs and ftse is well back from its highs, it is under performing. ftse is 190pts below 30 day highs. dow making new highs maybe as we speak and dax it surging higher also.

Did you see my note on three sectors ?

Contribution on Mining stocks in FTSE 100 is huge as compared with DOW and DAX.

Last edited: