Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

:LOL: I was expecting the market to start pushing up to get everyone long and then bang it down... so, I may have got that wrong.. they are making it look weak now .. get everyone short ..... buy it back up ... shake em out.. then bring it down:whistling

5089 set in stone
now if the FTSE could do point for point with the DOW fall you could be in woolworths for the weekend

I am here to help everyone and improve this thread

Can I suggest something to improve this thread ?

My noble teachers have taught me to respect price action and not opinions. I have noticed a lot of talk on this thread without any charts to justify the position ?

I also do not read any technical or fundamental arguments for long/short ......once gain only people opinions !!

Opinions are dangerous as they have an inherent bias based on that persons open positions !!

I would strongly suggest everyone to start sharing charts as it is price action that dictates the next move as opposed to opinion !!

Please study the chart of nasdaq and see why i forecast a H&S top formation and reversal earlier in the week !!
Please visit my thread to see time stamped posts in order to confirm my analysis !!

Attachments

• NASDAQ-100.png
    NASDAQ-100.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 86
(n)

I didnt realise this was a secret society thread where all are not welcome to share there results and rejoice if they had a good week. All one has to do is congratulate and state well done.......but its hard for you to share in somebody else's success = sign of a bad trader as he suffers from jealousy.

I welcome everyone , everyone is welcome to post and share analysis on my thread and I will aim to help all

Yes..yes .. yes .. we know how good you are my friend.. but if you have noticed noone else goes on quite as much as you about how good you are and how well you do.. fantastic.. good for you and your students.. I do 80+ points a day but dont bang on about it.

but I get the impression that this thread is about sharing ideas and having some fun whilst making money..

your style of posting is quite irritating , you might not like this comment and I am sorry , but I am only telling you the truth as I see it..

Martin ... I am sorry but if this guy come back to this thread again .. I am out of here.

Yes..yes .. yes .. we know how good you are my friend.. but if you have noticed noone else goes on quite as much as you about how good you are and how well you do.. fantastic.. good for you and your students.. I do 80+ points a day but dont bang on about it.

but I get the impression that this thread is about sharing ideas and having some fun whilst making money..

your style of posting is quite irritating , you might not like this comment and I am sorry , but I am only telling you the truth as I see it..

Martin ... I am sorry but if this guy come back to this thread again .. I am out of here.

you need to relax buddy , no need to get all worked up lad. All I did was post my analysis and my results, how has that offended you in anyway ? Why would that offend anyone at all , of some has had a good day in the market I am the first to congratulate them........especially in a market with just 5% success rate.

wax on , wax off ....relax.

well done for making + 80 points a day, very impressive!! (y)

Well called sir(y)

What is your source of info for option expiry dates/times?

D, every third friday of the month is equity index options expiry. Most futures traders trade the nearest quarter expiry, which is currently the December contract. But the options market trades every months expiry. So every third friday in the month at 10:15am we get some volume and some squaring of positions on the FTSE futures and options that can affect normal price action.

The FESX expires at 11am, the FDAX at 12pm, the FCAC at 3pm, and the ES at 2:30pm. For the US individual shares, the options expire at 9:15pm. These are all UK times.

I've watched enough options expiries now to know to be cautious and expect slow plodding days with usually a spike in prices.

I am here to help everyone and improve this thread

Can I suggest something to improve this thread ?

My noble teachers have taught me to respect price action and not opinions. I have noticed a lot of talk on this thread without any charts to justify the position ?

I also do not read any technical or fundamental arguments for long/short ......once gain only people opinions !!

Why would you need a chart to justify a position many successful traders have traded for years without one
are you saying you can't?

well done on the win
I was going to ask about you fills I noticed you had a trade exit when other members of this board and elite said the spreadbet platform was down but cant remember what day it was

D, every third friday of the month is equity index options expiry. Most futures traders trade the nearest quarter expiry, which is currently the December contract. But the options market trades every months expiry. So every third friday in the month at 10:15am we get some volume and some squaring of positions on the FTSE futures and options that can affect normal price action.

The FESX expires at 11am, the FDAX at 12pm, the FCAC at 3pm, and the ES at 2:30pm. For the US individual shares, the options expire at 9:15pm. These are all UK times.

I've watched enough options expiries now to know to be cautious and expect slow plodding days with usually a spike in prices.

Thanks Martin - as a futures trader I should have known this. :eek:

Always regarded Options a some sort of black magic and tended to stay ignorant!:(

Hey guys... I think I have told you before I subscribe to RanSquawk.. I know others do too... I have just found out that if you open a Capital Spreads account .. you get it free!!!!!

Thanks Martin - as a futures trader I should have known this. :eek:

Always regarded Options a some sort of black magic and tended to stay ignorant!:(

In my trading room I have lists of all upcoming option expiries for the next 6 mths
including wti, crude, euro, nat gas, heating oil .... all these can effect ftse .. it creates noise and as a scalper you need to be aware of it and why it is happening

Why would you need a chart to justify a position many successful traders have traded for years without one
are you saying you can't?

well done on the win
I was going to ask about you fills I noticed you had a trade exit when other members of this board and elite said the spreadbet platform was down but cant remember what day it was

Hello buddy, hope you are well.

I trade utilizing inter-market analysis.....

I adhere to my fundamental variables for the bias/direction on the day and then strengthen the argument by confirming with a technical formation

TA + FA = 2 wings needed in order to fly !!

TA = charts are utilized to perfect entry and exit , whilst bias/direction confirmed by fundamental variables(risk fx, commods, econ news)

with regards to platform - yes please let me know which day it was?
I trade CFD's with IG index and CMC markets !!

I have no problem with Wall Street posting here, and have no problem ignoring her crowing about her successes. The main reason she is posting heres is to attract subscribers to her blog. I wish her every success, and hope that she signs up many. If she wants to continue to post analysis here and charts that back it up, then we are all better off for the education.

Her posts are clearly not without some ego, but she is a very good trader and has a wealth of knowledge that should be of use to all. She rarely posts on this thread, and her presence does seem to get people's backs up a bit. But she usually doesn't stay for long, and this thread always returns to its normally good levels of information and bonhomie.

Hey guys... I think I have told you before I subscribe to RanSquawk.. I know others do too... I have just found out that if you open a Capital Spreads account .. you get it free!!!!!

Interesting DJ. What level of subscription is it?
Is it a white label package? A screenshot would be great if you could.

Nice bounce off the 5352 level.. I went in at 5356.. as it looked like it might not make it .. but still a nice scalpe. Did anyone else take it?

Well we've traded sideways out of the channel on the hourly chart. I really don't know where we go from here. I am guessing the US will sell off at some stage. Maybe after the consumer confidence data at 3pm. There is also some continuing eurobabble on the ECB and IMF which spooks the market every now and then. I am still sticking to small targets, and not expecting too many strong trends to get in on.

Attachments

• 18 Nov 2011 channel on 1 hr chart.jpg
    18 Nov 2011 channel on 1 hr chart.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 91
dj

i was short at 90 at the top of the hour

sadly only ran 5 pips - in and out stuff -

how did you get the 52 level

apologies for being ignorant but I am trying to learn

f

Nice bounce off the 5352 level.. I went in at 5356.. as it looked like it might not make it .. but still a nice scalpe. Did anyone else take it?

Nope i was waiting for a test of around 5340 cash level. But starting to think more about subway than my trading.

Attachments

• Friday.PNG
    Friday.PNG
    130.8 KB · Views: 109
  • steak and cheese.jpg
    steak and cheese.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 160
dj

i was short at 90 at the top of the hour

sadly only ran 5 pips - in and out stuff -

how did you get the 52 level

apologies for being ignorant but I am trying to learn

f

If you look at my post first thing this morning I gave some levels to watch today ..
the 5352 was the bottom of the Value range using Market Profile. The tops and bottoms of value ranges (especially previous days) make very good support and resistance levels

. There is also some continuing eurobabble on the ECB and IMF which spooks the market every now and then.

ECB Could Lend to IMF for Euro Zone Rescue (gaining traction??)
I think this story just caused a 70 point rapid move up on the EUR/USD it could not break the 1.3600 level but I think it dragged the FTSE up with it.

Last edited: