Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

In my trading room I have lists of all upcoming option expiries for the next 6 mths
including wti, crude, euro, nat gas, heating oil .... all these can effect ftse .. it creates noise and as a scalper you need to be aware of it and why it is happening

Thanks DJ.

Just consulted Mr. Google for expiry dates/times for above but struggling to get info. Can you suggest website(s) for these?

Cheers.

Well we've traded sideways out of the channel on the hourly chart. I really don't know where we go from here. I am guessing the US will sell off at some stage. Maybe after the consumer confidence data at 3pm. There is also some continuing eurobabble on the ECB and IMF which spooks the market every now and then. I am still sticking to small targets, and not expecting too many strong trends to get in on.

Given that the ECB/FED = POMO pumping manipulating machines will try there level best to hold this market up, especially when it comes to key technical breakdowns in the market. They have very good chartists working for them ???

I posted a chart of The S&P 500 a few days back explaining the symmetrical wedge forming with a break out on either side

now this is my theory and forecast of what will happen due to manipulation= an artificially engineered Santa clause rally in order to get people spending and feeling good going into holidays = strong retail sales = more jobs etc etc !!

The FEd has allowed the triangle to breakdown , this has caused the shorts to pile in. The market had too many long positions going into options X anyway, so they smacked market down in order to take the stops. They can now POMO pump(obliterating the US dollar), artificially inflate the markets higher = massive short squeeze as everyone short post wedge breakout !!

So starting from next week we will get a monster rally, if not today base don light volume and euphoria over spanish austerity measures !!

Attachments

• S&P 500 INDEX.png
    S&P 500 INDEX.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 126
Hello buddy, hope you are well.

I trade utilizing inter-market analysis.....

I adhere to my fundamental variables for the bias/direction on the day and then strengthen the argument by confirming with a technical formation

TA + FA = 2 wings needed in order to fly !!

TA = charts are utilized to perfect entry and exit , whilst bias/direction confirmed by fundamental variables(risk fx, commods, econ news)

with regards to platform - yes please let me know which day it was?
I trade CFD's with IG index and CMC markets !!

FTSE currently 5392 ish whats you trade what you looking for

The key and signal for a rally next week on ftse = FTSE closing > neckline

Attachments

• FTSE 100  .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    14.6 KB · Views: 123
I have no problem with Wall Street posting here, and have no problem ignoring her crowing about her successes. The main reason she is posting heres is to attract subscribers to her blog. I wish her every success, and hope that she signs up many. If she wants to continue to post analysis here and charts that back it up, then we are all better off for the education.

Her posts are clearly not without some ego, but she is a very good trader and has a wealth of knowledge that should be of use to all. She rarely posts on this thread, and her presence does seem to get people's backs up a bit. But she usually doesn't stay for long, and this thread always returns to its normally good levels of information and bonhomie.

fair enough Martin.. your the boss !! respect !!(y)

Given that the ECB/FED = POMO pumping manipulating machines will try there level best to hold this market up, especially when it comes to key technical breakdowns in the market. They have very good chartists working for them ???

I posted a chart of The S&P 500 a few days back explaining the symmetrical wedge forming with a break out on either side

now this is my theory and forecast of what will happen due to manipulation= an artificially engineered Santa clause rally in order to get people spending and feeling good going into holidays = strong retail sales = more jobs etc etc !!

The FEd has allowed the triangle to breakdown , this has caused the shorts to pile in. The market had too many long positions going into options X anyway, so they smacked market down in order to take the stops. They can now POMO pump(obliterating the US dollar), artificially inflate the markets higher = massive short squeeze as everyone short post wedge breakout !!

So starting from next week we will get a monster rally, if not today base don light volume and euphoria over spanish austerity measures !!

chartist working for them. you sh***n me right
santa rally
pomo

Easter bunny???

DOW hitin 870s FTSE 400s

no prizes for guessing which side of fence Im on

adding 11874 and 5409

depending on price action I would like 5423.. with a stop above 5450.. which puts my stop above yesterdays value area high...target would be 5285

DJ - looks like your theory of testing the high end of the Value Area might be right. So you could get your high to short into. It's lunchtime now, Subway for some, and I hate trading over lunchtime. I am waiting till 2:30pm now unless curiosity gets the better of me.

ps Wall Street, I think we will get a Santa rally too, but I think it will be in December not quite yet. And I can see a bear trap too if it breaks the November low.

Thanks for the information.
But what about the rest of today? (for the FTSE)
This is after all basically a scalping thread.

Hello my friend

I was short ftse and nasdaq earlier....as soon as I witnessed strength in the EURO and the DAX based on news out of Spain...I closed shorts and took my profit as I hit all my targets for the day.

If I were trading the FTSE now, my bias would remain neutral and see how the market closes @ 16.30

here is a 10 min chart if you are a scalper then this is an area of interest to you

gap fill = 5420

trend line resistance and gap level resistance will keep FTSE 100 < 5420 !!

Attachments

• FTSE 100 (DFB)10m.png
    FTSE 100 (DFB)10m.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 121
in order for a market to trade past the gap , the fundamental backdrop must change significantly

i.e. the reason that caused the drop within last 12-24 hrs must be neutralised . Otherwise gap level will hold as resistance as it reflects neutrality

I hope that helps with your understanding

another theory .. would be Fed and the world wants ECB to start printing money.. they keep forcing the market down and yields up to the point where the Germans capitulate.. then we have the rally//

DJ - looks like your theory of testing the high end of the Value Area might be right. So you could get your high to short into. It's lunchtime now, Subway for some, and I hate trading over lunchtime. I am waiting till 2:30pm now unless curiosity gets the better of me.

ps Wall Street, I think we will get a Santa rally too, but I think it will be in December not quite yet. And I can see a bear trap too if it breaks the November low.

I entered at 5411... I noticed that ES was pushing up against it's VAH.. so took precedent.... however.. have taken half profit already at 5397 as sometimes if ES pushes back up to test it's high then FTSE will use the excuse to go higher and test further up... I will let this run and add in if we break the 5352.. more added in if we break 5337.5

off to get food too.

Hello my friend

I was short ftse and nasdaq earlier....as soon as I witnessed strength in the EURO and the DAX based on news out of Spain...I closed shorts and took my profit as I hit all my targets for the day.

If I were trading the FTSE now, my bias would remain neutral and see how the market closes @ 16.30

here is a 10 min chart if you are a scalper then this is an area of interest to you

gap fill = 5420

trend line resistance and gap level resistance will keep FTSE 100 < 5420 !!

5420 holding well

> 5420 = bullish

< 5420 = bearish

< 5380 = ultra bearish !!